Review by reader2123 -- If life stinks get your head out...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
reader2123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader2123.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review by reader2123 -- If life stinks get your head out...

Post by reader2123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out Of Your Buts

I like the title. It pretty much matches what this book is about. Mark takes you through some of his life experiences and shows you how to reach your true potential. This book contains 32 chapters. The first chapter begins with The Here and Now and the last chapter ends with Understanding Yourself Better. Every chapter has a section for you to initial after you finish reading it. The first part of the book prepares you for three steps to achieving your goal.

The book is divided into three sections. The first step is crawling, which is taking responsibility for yourself. The second section is walking, which is taking control of your thinking, and the third section is running, which is taking action on your behalf. I don't know if you ever finish your run but by the end of the book you should understand yourself better. I guess where or what you end up running into will depend on what your goal is and how you run.

I found the book very motivating. Whether it has the same effect on everybody or not, the book was interesting. I enjoyed reading it. In fact, I rarely put the book down. I figure some people will read this book, get serious, and take action. I can also foresee some people reading the book, getting motivated, and then not taking action. Then again, this book might not have any impact on a certain type of person.

I would suggest reading the book in its entirety and then going back to each chapter and focusing on the chapter until you're ready to move on to the next step. If you feel you don't need to work on every chapter then you can just focus on the chapters that you need help with.

I thought this book was very well edited and well organized. Chapters six through sixteen take you through the crawling stage. Chapters 17 through 24 take you through the walking stage, and chapters 25 through 32 take you through the running stage.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because I thought it was well written and interesting. The only thing negative that I can say about it is that it wasn't very original. This self-help wasn't anything I haven't heard before. It might be new information to some people; therefore, I decided to give it a perfect score.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like reader2123's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”