Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater [February 2019 Book of the Month]

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rania Elkhaligi
Currently Reading: Rory Aqua Adventure Man
Bookshelf Size: 13

Icon Re: Official Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Rania Elkhaligi »

I read only the free sample, it took me some time searching through the internet about WARRAMUNGA and what it means and it's history, so I will be able to understand the point and the message that the author likes to tell in that story.
It's quite interesting to know about these historical information, and I really wish if I read what is written about Arabic countries and their mission there.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I don't enjoy war stories, so I'll give this book a miss. However, I shall recommend it to some of my friends that do enjoy this type of story. Thank you for your review.
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

A great novel about war, spies, mysterious crime, and adventures in the 40's. Pretty exiting. And a trilogy? This is going to be fun. Congratulations.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

Books on historical wars can be a great read when one is really interested on them. As for me, I am not much of a fan. But the book sounds to be enthralling and entertaining. Thanks for the review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This is an interesting adjunct to the story of the WW II. Surely, the espionage efforts of the Allies extend up to all tributaries of the great river of destruction that the Nazis were a part. It will be an enthralling read for me, being a fan of war stories and espionage novel. Thanks for the review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

As a historian i will like to read this.The story centers around Operation Desert Fox launched by the Allieds in 1943 against General Rommel( the Desert Fox) who controlled the Sahara Desert at the time.
Yvonne_kadzo1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yvonne_kadzo1 »

Wow! The fact that i'm a music lover and this book seems to cover all round in term of music, romance and action makes me wanna read it. This is a good review and thanks to this review i will have to read this book.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I’m not a huge fan of historical fiction but I do often enjoy war stories. I’d be interested to find out more about the mission in Egypt that James and Jack have to complete and whether they actually succeed!
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

Typically, this is not my genre, but the review of this book is making me change my mind. Kudos to the author. Congratulations.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. I like that it’s a historical fiction book about war in the 1940s. I also loved hearing that the characters are exciting and well developed. Thanks for your review.
Awuahb7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Awuahb7 »

Warramunga war by Greg kater, historical fiction about war. I always taught the war of the Nazi’s was German and Russian,I get to know the Australians were kinda part today. The storyline is quite unique and the write takes us across the world to Africa and that bears a source of originality with me or for me.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I have not read this book yet. I would love to read it due to the war intelligence aspect of it. I also like historical fiction so it will be an enjoyable ride for me.
Jaymed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaymed »

Historical fiction portraying wars and entangling stories of men in battle , chaos, calculated decisions , survival , quest for adventure and documented abilities of war heroes are interesting masterpiece that some readers will find beautiful and intellectually appealing. A Great book .
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Thanks for the elaborate review. It presents the book as one with a powerful story. Definitely a getter. Adding this on my list of tbr.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I enjoy historical fiction, and I haven’t read many books set in Egypt. Although it sounds like this one focuses more on espionage and political aspects than I’d care for, I’m going to give it a try. Thanks for the insightful review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”