Review by sharkyjen998 -- World, Incorporated

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review by sharkyjen998 -- World, Incorporated

Post by sharkyjen998 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo is a fast-paced fiction novel that takes place decades in the future.

Within the first ten pages of the book, the reader finds themselves immersed in an action-packed and intriguing story that leaves them excited to learn more. Already, the reader feels connected and invested in the main character, Agent Silver, who is tasked with neutralizing what appears to be a home-grown terrorist operation. Diving further, the reader feels driven to uncover the mystery about what has occurred in the past that could’ve possibly led to this dystopian future. As you follow Silver on captivating missions, you’re left astonished at his brilliance and forward thinking.

In the face of overbearing technological advancements and increasingly impossible missions, Agent Silver remains a strong beacon of hope for humanity’s empathetic nature to shine through in seemingly hopeless situations.

One entertaining aspect of this story was Agent Silver’s interactions with non-human entities like the computer programming on his futuristic ship. The conversations between the two were reminiscent of the age-old battle between the heart and the mind. Agent Silver’s dry humor makes him endearing, complex, and an overall loveable character.

This book also lays out a potential futuristic scenario in which corporations like World, Inc have amassed an unthinkable amount of power. The author lays out exactly how such a dystopian future is both realistic and plausible by providing the reader with various news headlines in the years leading up to the book’s present era. Any news buff, conspiracy theorist, or forward thinker will enjoy pondering over the potential scenarios and solutions offered to problems of the future.

One of the only downsides to this book is that sometimes missions or circumstances are overly convenient for the character, but Agent Silver’s witty banter and acknowledgement of the lucky circumstances helps distract the reader from being too upset with this fact.

I rate World, Incorporated 4 out of 4 stars. It was hard for me to put this book down! Its exciting, mysterious, and creative plot twists kept me glued to the pages or deep in thought about the book when I was doing other tasks.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in sci-fi, technology, politics, action-books, conspiracy theories or the future of humanity. This book is a great read for those deeply interested in current events, the global economy and big business monopolies. It’s rare to find such a deeply satisfying fictional story that can evoke deep thoughts about the current path society is on.

World, Incorporated
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like sharkyjen998's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

As i read through the review i kept asking myself silently, How far can technology take us? Thank you for your well formulated review. It stirs up the urge for one to read the book.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

A beautiful review. Your description of the main character, I consider really befitting. I love the way you took an optimistic view of the book, seeing hope for humanity instead of the almost too glaring certainty of doom. Good work.
sharkyjen998
Currently Reading:

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Nerea wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 01:10 As i read through the review i kept asking myself silently, How far can technology take us? Thank you for your well formulated review. It stirs up the urge for one to read the book.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I have asked myself the same question many times. This book expands those possibilities further than I had previously imagined!
sharkyjen998
Currently Reading:

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 02:29 A beautiful review. Your description of the main character, I consider really befitting. I love the way you took an optimistic view of the book, seeing hope for humanity instead of the almost too glaring certainty of doom. Good work.
Thank you! That is an interesting take on it considering that most would see the certainty of doom. It made me wonder, is this future only considered a "dystopia" in Agent Silver's eyes? Kelly was an outlier, so she began to see from Silver's point of view. The rest of society seemed content to conform to the changes. It seems all consumers had a basic income and even spiritual fulfillment to some degree!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I wasn't sure if this book was for me. But you write a very compelling review. I might have to take a look!
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I would really love to read this book.Thanks alot for the detailed review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I feel you enjoyed this book and come out with a nice review that gives good insight of the plot. I liked authors idea of the future with technological challenges that arise in that time.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I agree with this: "It’s rare to find such a deeply satisfying fictional story that can evoke deep thoughts about the current path society is on." This is the main reason why I enjoy reading dystopian books, not only because it is entertaining but also it is thought-provoking.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

What do you think this book predicts for the future? Do you see this kind of thing happening in the future?
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

I love the post-apocalyptic feeling of this book. I was wondering whether I should read it or not because politics is not my cup of tea in books. Do you think I would get overwhelmed by political theories and terms?
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Your description has sold me this book. I would also probably not be happy with circumstances that are often overly convenient for a character. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I don't like convenient plots. I like it when there are obstacles that aren't easily tackled. But I like how you describe why the convenience of the plot might be overlooked :D Great review :)
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Onyinye Excel »

I love action-packed stories.Thanks for the review.
sharkyjen998
Currently Reading:

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Sen_Suzumiya wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 08:07 I love the post-apocalyptic feeling of this book. I was wondering whether I should read it or not because politics is not my cup of tea in books. Do you think I would get overwhelmed by political theories and terms?
Hmm not so much with this book unless your mind drifts there like mine does haha!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”