Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary ...

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An artefact from the Colombo Museum is gone missing. There is a jungle full of clues and new friends that can help solve the case. Can a cat detective save a national treasure?

Serendipity Mystery is the 7th standalone children’s book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat series, which is recommended for kids ages 7-12. It is a fun and educative book for kids and parents who are interested in discovering new places. The book, beside involving mystery and amusing scenes, it teaches kids how easy can be making new friends, how amazing landscapes could be in places like Sri Lanka, the importance and love of a family, how working as a team functions and that doing good is always a great choice.

Inca, the cat detective, is on holiday with her family in Sri Lanka when a new case appears. An ancient sword is stolen from the museum. With the help of a turtle and a baby elephant, the kittens and Terrence, the dog, try to solve this mystery. I liked that the book is a standalone and at the beginning there is a presentation of Inca and Company. Also, the pictures in the book are very helpful for young children to understand better the plot and imagine their favourite characters more accurate.

The book is recommended for kids age 7-12, but I think it could be extended. If it is read to younger children they will appreciate the funny scenes, the plot and the mix of beautiful animals that work together. Older children will know how to enjoy the surface and to absorb the knowledge from within the whole book.

The author did a great job mixing the elements of mystery with the cultural backgrounds of Sri Lanka. I like the information given about the turtle`s habitat and their long lives, also, the information about the elephants and the other animals and the life in Paris and London. Tiny bits of information about ancient sites in Sri Lanka that I searched about were also very interesting. I think kids will love them and will want to learn more about.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was a great time reading it, I liked Inca very much and her company, and I really imagined myself reading this book to my kids at night and how we will talk about it over breakfast in the morning.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ana-Maria-Diana's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3036
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a great review. It is uniquely written from most of the reviews of the same book. I have not been able to read the book myself but I am sure that I will enjoy doing so given how interesting it sounds. The emphasis on family and teamwork is very important since it will help children to appreciate this aspect from a young age.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:

Kibetious wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 08:03 This is a great review. It is uniquely written from most of the reviews of the same book. I have not been able to read the book myself but I am sure that I will enjoy doing so given how interesting it sounds. The emphasis on family and teamwork is very important since it will help children to appreciate this aspect from a young age.
This emphasis on family and teamwork is what made me appreciate the book even more. It is very useful for kids and I think the other books in the series are amazing too. Thank you for reading my review.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I agree that the age range could be higher, because it feels like the kids could learn a great deal from the book. Younger children can't stay focused on so many informations. Nice review!
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:

Laura Bach wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 07:34 I agree that the age range could be higher, because it feels like the kids could learn a great deal from the book. Younger children can't stay focused on so many informations. Nice review!
Younger kids will follow the pictures and the big action, but older kids will get a better image of the plot.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

It's a great book for children younger than 7 as long there's an adult reading for them. It can be read a chapter a day. Teens can also enjoy this marvellous book- they will learn of cultures alien to them. I agree with you that the concept of putting value on family and teamwork is a great lesson for kids. I am happy you enjoyed the book as much as I did.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Thank you for your review, it’s good that a children's story will go as far afield as Sri Lanja.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Awesomeliker
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awesomeliker.html
Latest Review: The Demon of the Well by James B. Hendricks

Post by Awesomeliker »

I agree that this is great for a bedtime story. I enjoyed the book just as much! Great review!
Live your life in a way that you won't look back and regret things :D
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

The lessons of the importance of teamwork that this book tries to convey to children is what I'm drawn to the most about it. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for the review.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

This book was lovely to read. It can really teach kids to be kind, be adventurous, and love animals. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”