Review by BookDragon100 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookDragon100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookdragon100.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review by BookDragon100 -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by BookDragon100 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is the first in Belle Ami’s new Out of Time Thriller Series. This story is dripping with romance and suspense as the two main characters, Angela Renatus and Alex Caine, search for a long-lost painting that no one else believes exists. As they delve deeper into the past of Da Vinci’s lost work, they discover more about themselves in a supernatural twist. In this dangerous hunt for a captivating treasure, they must also discover if their love is written in the stars or destined to be cursed.

There is something in this book for just about everybody. There is historical fiction, romance, suspense, mystery, supernatural elements; the list can go on and on. Ami keeps you on the edge of your seat in every category, begging for the outcome. As I was submerged into the past along with our characters, I was pleased to see that enough time was spent on the characters from centuries past and present to bring them to life. As you see a repeating cycle in the lives of these characters, which is central to the plot, you are still left in shock and awe of the delivery. This story could easily become predictable in less talented hands, but I was left captivated for hours on my couch as I tore through time, desperate to find out what happened next.

The love story of Angela and Alex develops quite rapidly. Their centuries old love faces new challenges in the present world and as Angela and Alex navigate through what is real and what is residual, they develop a love that is all their own. I can see the struggle in this story line as they feel that they have loved each other forever, but in reality, they are still getting to know each other. The characters struggle with realizing that their love is still new and it can get a little heavy at times. Despite the rapid speed of their romance, I do feel that their reactions are still believable and that their love, while stronger through the ages, is truly theirs.

I felt that this story is completely believable. The historical elements are spot on. The characters from each timeline are perfectly developed to fit their time. In a story that has so much going on, it was easy to keep everything in order and see how everything worked together. There are so many elements of this book that could have gone horribly, but Belle Ami managed to walk the line with perfect precision and deliver something magical.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn’t put it down. It was beautifully written and I will definitely be on the lookout for the rest of this series as well as Ami’s other books. I highly recommend it. This story of love and mystery will take you on an adventure that will not be soon forgotten.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookDragon100's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Wow. I read this one and had a completely different reaction to it. Rather than being captivated by the story and the characters, I was disgusted by the way the seemingly insatiable lust of all the couples dominated the story. I was hoping for an actual art history mystery. But I wouldn't say there was much of one here. Or rather, the mystery portion is weak, since it isn't solved by intellectual means, but through a series of unlikely past-life regressions/spirit possessions. And Angela--who's supposed to be a strong, intelligent woman--just comes off as a sex-starved damsel-in-distress. But I enjoyed your review. I believe it's good to read perspectives that are different from your own sometimes.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”