Official Review: Power of Purpose

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Power of Purpose

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Power of Purpose" by Jän Paul Ostendorf.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The loud, rumbling sound that a Harley-Davidson motorcycle makes is patented. It’s true. No other motorcycle can sound exactly the same without the manufacturer facing legal consequences. Author Jän Paul Ostendorf explains what the foundation of a successful business should be in Power of Purpose: Creating Distinct Patterns Through Branding.

Every business must have a purpose. Simply making money is not a good enough purpose for longevity. All truly successful businesses have purposes beyond high profits. They all have a clear purpose that they skillfully convey to consumers through marketing and communication. A clear mission statement must be understood by everyone involved with the company from the CEO to the entry-level employees. A customer becomes a fan of a brand when they believe that the company shares their morals and values. Loyal clients create successful companies. The key to gaining loyal customers is to connect with them on an emotional level. Long-time business owners, entrepreneurs, and new-comers to the business world must understand and implement engaging communication to find long-lasting success.

I must confess that I was worried that this book would bore me. However, I was so pleasantly surprised to find that the opposite was true. The author conveys a professional topic in a somewhat entertaining way. I was interested in his advice from start to finish. Furthermore, I believe that these ideas can be used in the reader’s personal life as well. People of all ages need, and often search for, a clear purpose. All of the author’s advice is backed by examples of successful business models and quotes from high-profile industry leaders. This book includes links to the author’s workbook and online course, as well as diagrams that will help the reader put these ideas to work.

This book is skillfully written, organized, and edited. There is not one grammar error to be found. I found the numerous promotions of the author’s workbook and online course to be distracting at times. Still, I recommend this book to non-fiction readers who enjoy advice on professional and business matters.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is a well-written and well-organized book. I am impressed by the author’s ability to create an enjoyable reading experience while providing valuable business advice. The author’s intelligence and experience shine through in this quick read. There is valuable advice and information in this book for people working, or hoping to work, in any professional field.

Power of Purpose
View: on Bookshelves

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I had the same concern of being bored when I read the title of the book. But your insightful review encouraged me to put it on my reading list. I guess this is one big benefit of this online book club.🙂 It gets you to come across enjoyable reads that are outside your comfort zone. Thanks for the sound review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! I really didn't know that a Harley's sound was patented. I'm glad to hear as well that you can use his advice in your personal life as I don't really have a business. Sounds informative and entertaining which is a great combo. Great review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

That's really interesting about the patented sound of the Harley. Great review!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I enjoyed reading your review. I find branding to be fascinating, and I had no idea that a sound could be patented! Who knew? It sounds like this author really hit on all aspects. Your review has piqued my interest and I think I would enjoy the book. Thanks so much for the thorough review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

It seems the author of the has done an awesome job. He has done well in laying out that which is essential for a productive enterprise - connecting with customers on an emotional level.

Thank for this information!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”