Review by Dusamae -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Review by Dusamae -- The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Dusamae »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Searching for a painting believed to have been stolen more than seventy years ago is a greedy museum director who will do anything to possess the painting, and a billionaire wanting to exonerate his uncle.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci has 240 pages and is the first book in the “An Out of Time Thriller” series. Belle Ami, the author, has written six novels and a short story. Her genres are thrillers, romantic- suspense novels, and a little paranormal thrown into the mix.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is about a painting by Leonardo da Vinci. He painted a picture of a married couple as a gift. It was later said that it was a painting by one of his students. Angela Renatus is an art historian working as an intern for the Getty Museum. Since working there she had headaches and insomnia. When she does sleep she has vivid dreams of Leonardo da Vinci and the painting of Giuliano Medici and Fioretta Gorini. Later, those dreams are about Sophia Caro and Gerhard Jaeger, who took the painting from the Uffizi Gallery during the war for safekeeping. They intended to give it back to the gallery when the war was over, but circumstances changed and that didn’t happen. Now, Max Jaeger, a billionaire, has hired Alex Caine, an art detective, to find the missing painting to exonerate his uncle, Museum director, Alberto Scordato and his cousin, Enrico Fortuna, are also looking for the painting, and mean to have it no matter what.

The story goes back and forth between the past and the present, but the author has made the plot easy to follow with dates and places before each change in places. She builds up the characters well, so the reader can fall in love with the couples and detest the offenders.

There was one unexpected part that made me laugh. Alex is going too fast and is just about to come to a dangerous place on the road when someone says, “Saltare dal cavallo.” Alex dumbfounded say, “Jump from the horse?” That is one of my favorite parts just because it caught me off guard and made me laugh-out-loud.

My rating for The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is 4 out of 4 stars. The book seems to be professionally edited because there were no noticeable errors. People who love thrillers and romantic-suspense novels will love this book. It has three couples from different eras who are passionately in love and as an extra bonus, it has a paranormal twist. There are sexual scenes that may not be appropriate for younger teenagers.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dusamae's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I love thrillers and romance stories.Thank you for a detailed review.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I did enjoy the flashback portion of this book but I found the present day story too simple and predictable. I would have loved anything that would have surprised me with the story but everything plodded along. It is perfectly fine for sitting on the beach but don't expect to think too much, just enjoy. I appreciate your review.
Dusamae
Currently Reading:

Post by Dusamae »

Nma26 wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 06:47 I love thrillers and romance stories.Thank you for a detailed review.
This was a great romance book. I didn't think I would like it and kept putting off reading it, but it was worth the read.
Dusamae
Currently Reading:

Post by Dusamae »

jcoad wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 07:13 I did enjoy the flashback portion of this book but I found the present day story too simple and predictable. I would have loved anything that would have surprised me with the story but everything plodded along. It is perfectly fine for sitting on the beach but don't expect to think too much, just enjoy. I appreciate your review.
I agree. I loved the past couples better than the present. I think the present was a little rushed, but I loved the book.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Amazing. Did they finally find the painting? If they did,who did?
Dusamae
Currently Reading:

Post by Dusamae »

C-Extra22 wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 09:46 Amazing. Did they finally find the painting? If they did,who did?
I can't tell you the ending that would ruin the book for you if you decide to read it. :wink2:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”