Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by topdan30 »

This is a book i find to be more of triller than romantic and i love the introduction of art into it also. This a really good book i will be glad to recommend to lovers of good storyline and a triller with sexual touches
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I have not read the book but based on your opinion, it seems to be a good book to read.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

amsula_2018 wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 22:52 I have not read the book but based on your opinion, it seems to be a good book to read.
It is a must read book for all lovers of a good storyline with lot of spices. why not try get one to read. and come give your view. you will sure not be disappointed as it is rich in details and lots more.
Jag810
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jag810 »

Is it sleep walking? Visions? Or her past lives coming back to haunt her?

Angela has been living a pretty normal life until now, she works as an Intern at the Getty, she runs on zero sleep, and she’s got an evil and inappropriate boss. Sounds like my first job honestly.

All Angela wants to do it rise in the art world, which is pretty much determined by her boss, since he’s a powerful man and has several connections. That’s until she meets an Art detective Alex Caine, he’s Scordato‘s rival in the Art world.

There is believed to be a lost Da Vinci that has never been uncovered, and after several attempts by Alex and his client Max Jaeger to uncover it, they didn’t find it. Max Jaeger believes this deeply because his uncle from WWII had written letters to his mother about finding this painting in the archives of an art museum that the Medici family had sponsored and had their collection there. Scordato says the painting doesn’t exists if they couldn’t find it, but it’s just a ploy to have it for himself.

Angela gets swept into the madness after her boss Scordato has been following her movements and had noticed she’d visit Giuliano de Medici’s portrait and go into a trancelike state and talk to it and even speak Italian. She is the key to unlock this mystery, but will good Triumph over evil this time? Seems like evil won in her two past lives but does she have the strength or what it takes to save her and her love Alex? This story is full of romance, the idea of reincarnation in the hopes that love carries on even through several life times. Also it mentions real historical events that happened during the renaissance. So if you’re into history, art, and love story/thrillers this is the book for you. I was on the edge of my seat from the very first chapter and my muscles stayed tense until the very end.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

I do not know of much art books such as this one, so to be exposed to it made me not just interested in artistic books, but also movies.
Because of the book's uniqueness and the featuring of historical icons such da Vinci, and of course its interesting content, I really would recommend it to others.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I was interested in the main character's love story and I was disappointed to find it clumsy. Anyway, the mystery in the book kept me hooked.
Rosehibbard
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosehibbard.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Rosehibbard »

I haven't had a chance to read this yet. The reviews are all good and I intend o on reading this book
allinsondaniel
Favorite Book: Literacy and Orality
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246

Post by allinsondaniel »

I am a fan of Da Vinci and everything related to his name I see, this book looks quite interesting, the review shows the highlights, I would recommend this book
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

I gave this 4 out of 4 stars. I thought the book was well written. The author made the characters come to life. I loved the paranormal aspect of the story, and also the love the couples felt for each other through time. I can't think of anything I didn't like about the book. Yes, I would recommend this book to people who like romance books.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Initially, I liked the Angela character but after a while her character changed but
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Initially, I liked the Angela character but after a while, her character changed, I like the plot. I recommend it
Calypso Terrier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypso-terrier.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Calypso Terrier »

Wonderful book! I love how it is a mystery, and so immersed in the world of art. I especially like the parts when art historian Angela is drawn into the past. I found this book quite similar to the "Da Vinci Code", and overall a great book.
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by pixiequeer »

I will say, I have never made a point to seek out any of the genres that could be put on this book, but I do love love stories and paranormal happenings, and this book was a lot more than I bargained for.

I loved absolutely every aspect of this book, including the art and historical references. I also am not one for erotic or murder scenes particularly, but they blended well with the rest of the book, and for once, I did not mind them.

The only thing that bothered me was the amount of typos and other grammatical errors, mostly in punctuation. I would not recommend this book to anyone that this would hinder their reading experience, as it almost did for me because I had to reread certain parts so many times to understand due to the errors.

Overall, I rated this book a three out of four.
Rain18
Currently Reading: Concealment
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rain18.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Rain18 »

I really enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down. Belle Ami does an excellent job of melding the three timelines together into one cohesive and beautiful love story. I like the fact that she placed a lot of effort into character development, even down to the physical traits, such as the heterochromia trait showing up in Sophia and Gerhard's daughter. I felt that the sex scenes were over the top for a romance book though and that there was a big preoccupation with having sex versus solving the mystery of the missing painting. I rated the book a 3 out of 4 and would definitely recommend it to others.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

I have not read this book and from the mixed reviews, I don't think I will be reading it any time soon. Having read the reviews about not only the “steamy” sex scenes, but also a paranormal aspect this does not seem like my style of book.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”