Review by LV2R -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review by LV2R -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by LV2R »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci is a complex love story centered on a missing Leonardo da Vinci’s painting of a wedding couple (Fioretta and Giuliano). Angela is an art intern at the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, California. She dreams and experiences the lives of the wedding couple in the portrait. She also has dreams and visions of Sophia and Gerhard (later named Giorgio), a couple in Italy during WWII.

The plot develops when Max Jaeger hires Alex to find a missing da Vinci painting that his uncle, Gerhard took from the Uffizi Gallery. Alex wants Angela to help him find the treasure. They work together to find the art piece and attempt to understand how Angela’s dreams of the two couples can lead them to its hiding place. The plot thickens as the art director of the Getty Museum Dr. Scordato is after the same prize. What would he be willing to do to have the missing da Vinci painting in his own hands?

As Alex and Angela are looking for the painting, they have a very strong attraction to each other. When they travel to Italy, to follow the leads to the da Vinci, their love for each other deepens. They also have many obstacles to overcome. Scordato tracks them to Italy and makes the hunt more dangerous for the couple. Read the book to find out just how dangerous it becomes. How are these three couples related to each other? Will the art piece ever be found?

I liked how the story went from the past to the present because it kept the story suspenseful and moving. I best liked the relationship between Alex and Angela in the beginning, before they became physical. Both of them thought to themselves that just knowing and being with the other one without doing anything was the most fulfilling experience that they have had with anyone thus far. They truly loved one another. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story was well-written and included love, suspense, danger, and a bit of mystery all of which makes for a good story.

Though I liked most of the book and had a good feeling about reading it, I did not like the parts where the men wanted to rape Angela. I think it wasn’t necessary to add that to the story to keep a sense of danger.

The first half of the book is very clean and most people would probably like it. However, the last half of the book gets very steamy between Alex and Angela. I least liked the very graphic and descriptive word use of their bed scenes. I think the book would be even better to leave some of that to the reader’s own imagination. For this reason, if I could, I would rate this book 3.5 out of 4 stars. I would not rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, however, because the romance was a central part of the whole story and it was all related to each of the other parts.

People who do not like to read romance novels and do not like to read about detailed descriptions of lovemaking would like this book the least.

Women who like romance novels will like reading this book the best. It has some unique twists in the story, making it less predictable. It also has some Italian scenes, phrases, and history making it even more romantic.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like LV2R's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chardonaedavis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chardonaedavis.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Chardonaedavis »

This is a wonderful review of this book! I loved this book and I also felt it was a 4 out of 4 stars. I couldn't put it down! Glad to see that I was not alone in that feeling!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A thriller revolving around a missing Vinci painting and murder sounds good. A search for a missing Leonardo da Vinci painting unravels an unforgettable mystery. Good writing, suspenseful plot, and a bit of romance indeed make for a good story. I don't care for steamy scenes, but I am glad you enjoyed the book. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

The unique twists make it more compelling to read. I like romance novels so I think I can appreciate this book. Great review.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

The relationship between Alex and Angela sounds engaging. The danger of the hunt for the missing painting keeps this story interesting.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Art history with twists is my cup of tea. An added tinge of romance is a welcome addition. Thanks for the candid and enlightening review.
a9436
Currently Reading: The Redbreast
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by a9436 »

Thanks for your review - whilst I do not know much about art, the combination of crime, history and romance certainly attracts me to this book.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I have not read this one even though it’s been a popular title on this site. I appreciate your mention of graphic scenes because those often take down a book’s value for me. A storyline can often stand on its own without that included or at least not to the extent that you say it is in this book. I have had to skip those parts in other novels just to keep on enjoying the writing. Thank you for more details. I still don’t think this one is for me right now.
Everything happens for a reason...
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a romantic suspense thriller about time travel and art. The plot was captivating and the OnlineBookClub review was craftee masterfully. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars and Congratulations @BelleAmi5 for an amazing BOTD.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I love this read! I was smitten by this read from the start. The premise is intriguing as always, and it was the story line that drew me in. I have seen this book become the BOTD and BOTM countless times, and I'm very happy that it stood out again. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I love Romantic books with suspense and thriller. I am quite keen to read about Alex and Angela. The hunt for the missing painting would be quite intriguing to read. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

The steamy romance mentioned in the review put me off reading this book initially a few months ago. As I enjoy Historical fiction and mystery, I decided to try it.

I enjoyed the way the author used Angela's visions to introduce the reader to the lives of Sophia, Gerhard, Giuliano Medici and Fioretta Gorini. The novel really captured my interest when Angela and Alex, a detective go to Italy in search of the painting. I found it easy to imagine the scenery that the author described in such detail, the food, wine and the architecture. It was an engaging story that kept me turning the pages until I reached the conclusion.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

I like that there are so many different aspects to this story - history, present day, romance, suspense, mystery. It sounds well-rounded. Historical fiction is a genre that I enjoy, and I would be interested in seeing how the author mixes the present and past. Thank you for the review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I'm not into romance novels, but I can appreciate how the author created a story that was full of suspense and danger. I can imagine that reading about a couple being chased could make for a lot of plot twists, especially in the end. This won't go on my "Want to read" list but I can appreciate the thrilling scenes. Thanks!
:character-ariel:
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I agree that this book is great for romance lovers, but I took it down a notch in my review and rated it 3 out of 4 stars because I think it could have been more suspenseful. By knowing that Dr. Scordato is the villian from the beginning, I lost some of the anticipation of finding out who the bad guy was in the story.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”