Review by Alena_Surya -- Happiness is All We Want!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alena_Surya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alena-surya.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Alena_Surya -- Happiness is All We Want!

Post by Alena_Surya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happiness is All We Want!" by Ashutosh Mishra.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happiness Is All We Want! is a self-help book written by Ashutosh Mishra. Our lives are so busy and hectic nowadays that we barely get to spend time on ourselves and our happiness. If we have a goal and we reach the goal, we will be happy but only till we make another goal and reach that and the cycle continues. We may look for happiness in material things but it is not true happiness and it does not last long. In this busy life, we need to attain a long-lasting state of happiness. We must have a balance in mind, body and soul. However, we must first understand what true happiness is. The author, after a brief introduction to the book, focuses on the mind, body and soul individually.

The book is divided into three parts: Mental Wellbeing, Physical Wellbeing, and Spiritual Wellbeing. The author first explains the wellbeing and its importance. The author relates it to daily life and helps us understand why that specific wellbeing is essential to us not just now but also in the long run. He then helps you attain that wellbeing with practical tips and Smart Well-being Capsules (SWC).

The author has used monkey as a metaphor for our mind. He tells us how the mind works and how it controls the activities and choices we make. He helps us control our mind and make its energy have positive effects thereby attaining Mental Wellbeing. Donkey has been used as a metaphor for our body. The donkey loves luxury and comfort but it must be turned into a race-horse. The author tells us about food, nutrition, food habits, exercises and lifestyle changes to achieve Physical Wellbeing. Spiritual Wellbeing talks about the soul, meditation, yoga and other topics.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. The book is full of Wakeup Stories, Happiness Moments, Tech Traps, Smart Well-being Capsules (SWC), Practical Tips at every corner. Some of them were from the author’s personal experience. Things to ponder and things to do could be found at the end of chapters which was a homework of sorts. That was my favourite part. However, the sentences could’ve been shorter. I usually like self-help books but I found this book hard to read.

In this modern life, our life is repetitive. We follow the same routine, day after day. We are doing nothing to nourish our mind, body and soul. The modern life is leading to lifestyle diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. We must take care of ourselves by having control over our health and wellbeing. This book is for anyone who wants to be happier by doing small things in daily life.

Happiness is All We Want!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Alena_Surya's review? Post a comment saying so!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

The book sounds like a helpful guide into mental, physical and physical well being. Using metaphors also brings in imagery and ignites more interest in the book. The Donkey is used to signify the body, and monkey for mind. However the fact that you have given it a 2 out of 4 rating, i would be reluctant to go for it.
Alena_Surya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alena-surya.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Alena_Surya »

If you like the concept and the way the author explains what otherwise maybe boring concepts, you can read the book. I personally found the long sentences hard to cope up with as the book went on.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

I also reviewed this book. I found this book to be quite helpful and I also tried some methods of the book and benefitted from them. Thanks for your insightful review. Waiting for your next review.
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”