Review by Iviss -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iviss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iviss.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Iviss -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Iviss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero is a book for children written by R. D. Base. Being the mother of three children, the author wanted to write a book that would help them learn how to read. Therefore, the book is intended for young readers, specifically kindergarten or infants, who still have not developed their reading skills.

The main character of the book is Toni, a little boy who is wearing the costume of a superhero. Throughout the book, Toni does not demonstrate any heroic or super powers, but we can see him doing various house chores, such as dusting, sweeping, eating, playing and others. While reading this book, children will not only learn how to read and pronounce simple words and sentences, but also realize
the importance of everyday activities and chores, and have fun doing them.

The illustrations contained in the book are vibrant, funny and interesting, and would definitely put a smile on a child's face. The sentences are short, illustrative and repetitive, which makes them easy to memorize and relate them to real-life situations. Children can learn the meaning of words such as "sweep", "dust", "play", "help", "swim" or "eat", as well as learn how to make short sentences with "like" and "can". What is more, they can learn how to read, as reading skills are fundamental for a child's development and improvement in education.

What I most liked about this book is the portrayal of a boy as a superhero. Superheroes are always amusing for children and they like to relate to them or emulate them. Moreover, while looking at the illustrations, children can feel as if they are little superheroes themselves, ready to do various fun activities around the house. The only thing I did not like about the book is that there are very few sentences and much more illustrations. But this is not enough to spoil my impression about it.

Based on all the facts mentioned above, as well as the fact that I would buy this book myself, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

This book conveys positive messages about learning and developing one's own self. It suggests that superheroes are everywhere around us, they are ordinary people who do chores and like animals. We are superheroes ourselves, doing a lot of activities and learning along the way. Therefore, I would recommend this book not only to young readers, but to adults as well.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Iviss's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

"We are superheroes ourselves, doing a lot of activities and learning along the way."
Exactly! Nice review.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Toni the superhero possess a lot of wonderful skills that children and adults should learn. Thank you for a wonderful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”