Review by bookiegalke -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by bookiegalke -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If I had a way of knowing when or how my life would come to an end, I probably would live differently from the way I do now. I would probably put extra effort in realizing dreams or goals I’ve being putting on hold for a very long time. Ever since I understood death from a Christian perspective, though it can never be fully understood in my opinion, I have become content with knowing and allowing God to be the one who decides when my life here on earth will come to an end. When I read the preview to Final notice by Van Fleisher, I was taken aback by the writer’s perspective of death and many other issues in the society. I must say that the studious person in me was itching to find out what the writer’s view on these issues was. Final notice is a fictional book that is mind blowing in its entirety.

Though set up in the United States of America, the societal themes that come up in Final notice are no stranger to other societies in the world. Themes such as gun ownership, is something that other societies in the world are also grappling with. In view of the gun shootings that have been experienced in America, I do support the writer’s anti-gun ownership view. I’ve always loved watches; I mean I’ve always felt good wearing one. In Final notice, an interesting aspect of a watch is brought out. Reading about the doctors who created this watch with unique abilities, kind of reminded me of a cartoon character I have watched who’s watch had abilities that are more or less similar to the one in this book. In final notice the watch literally is the final notice just as the book is titled, a final notice to human beings last moments on earth. How they choose to live their last moments, is what turns out to be a page turner.

The characters, I found interesting were the elderly couple. Having to make a decision on whether they should own a gun, was intriguing. Perhaps because I want to have a relaxing life in my old age, is the reason why I found them interesting. I think people in their old age should generally live a relaxed life instead of worrying about such things.

Even after reading the book, my perspective on death as I indicated in the first paragraph, has not changed. I still hold the Christian perspective of living a life that pleases God and the promise of eternal life he has made to those who believe in him. It is upon the basis of this perspective that I wish to caution those that would disagree on the writer’s perspective on preparing for death, to be cautious when deciding to read the book.

Generally, it would be unfair not to give credit where it is merited. Final notice editing, progressive introduction of characters, plot development and blending of theme meets the highest standard. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Final Notice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

I would rathet stick to the christian perspective of the end times....this one sounds too much for me
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm reading it now. The plot is great but I felt his political opinions interfere with the flow sometimes.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

This was one of the books I couldn't download due to country restrictions. But thanks for the review at least I now have a better idea regarding the book's story. The issue of gun regulation and death really caught my attention. And the 'final notice' premise seems intriguing too.
Kings06
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kings06 »

It was awesome after reading the book.Indeed meritocracy as far as credit giving is the paramount.
Promise24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Promise24 »

Thanks for making me to know what Final Notice is all about.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

For a while, I am waiting to see the opportunity to read this book. Maybe I will be very soon. Great review.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

teacherjh wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 12:08 I'm reading it now. The plot is great but I felt his political opinions interfere with the flow sometimes.
I thought the exact same thing. I wondered at the beginning whether they were his opinions but he does confirm this at the end with a few choice paragraphs. Not saying I don't agree with much of what he says but he might restrict his readers with this approach.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”