Official Review: Solaris Soars (Solaris Saga book 4)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: Solaris Soars (Solaris Saga book 4)

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Solaris Soars (Solaris Saga book 4)" by Janet Mcnulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Solaris Soars, by Janet McNulty, four people from different eras on Earth are put together in an alternate universe to form an unlikely group. On the planet Lanyr, Rynah assembles this group to find a magical crystal with the power to keep the planet from erupting. Escaping danger, the group fights evil on the spaceship Solaris, left to Rynah by her grandfather. The main computer of Solaris is given a human component, with thoughts and feelings, digging further into the torn relationship between Rynah and her deceased grandfather.

This is the concluding book of a four book series, so it is filled with action and excitement the whole way through. These four characters along with Solaris have been on an incredible journey over the past few months, traveling to far distant planets and fighting a varied amount of characters to obtain the crystal. I have felt connected to each of these characters, and also the villains they have been fighting to get the crystal from during this series, strangely enough. It was sad to read the end, as I was upset to finish this wonderful series.

This series has a superhero theme with a science fiction element to it and has been wonderful. I enjoyed the familial relationship between Brie, the modern day American teenager, and Alfric, the Viking warrior from 1600 B.C.E the most. Alfric is such a fierce warrior but treats Brie with such tenderness that it tugs at my emotional heartstrings. I am glad that I continued to read this series, even after I was not completely sold on it after I read the first novel.

The author does such a good job building tension in this novel, providing appropriate tension while setting up for the final battle at the conclusion of the book. It is longer than a simple afternoon read, being over seven hundred pages in length, but it was difficult to stop reading when I had to. In the first book, I had trouble believing these four characters from different places and time periods could get along so well. In the final book, the challenges these four faced to get to this point has connected the group realistically.

I give Solaris Soars 4 out of 4 stars, for its even writing flow, exciting content, and connectivity to the characters. I recommend this book to a person looking for their next science fiction story with a strong set of main characters. I would recommend the person read all four books of the series in order to enjoy the storyline at its best.

Solaris Soars (Solaris Saga book 4)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookierme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by bookierme »

This sounds quite interesting but does not really fall into may genres of choice. I enjoyed your review though.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

From your review, it sounds like the author skillfully wove together the characters and plot sequels in the series. Sci-fi/fantasy is not my cup of tea, but I appreciate your descriptive review.
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

Combining personalities from different era, with lots of action.. This looks like a go for me.

Thanks for sharing this!!!
Zaevion08
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zaevion08 »

I love a story out of this world...something fiction....its stress reliever to me...
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is the kind of fantasy book that I really enjoy. It reminds me of the Justice League. Thank you for your splendid review.
Jacinta michubu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jacinta michubu »

This series contains wonderful fictional story.
osayuwamen6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osayuwamen6.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by osayuwamen6 »

Wonderful review! Its an interesting science fiction book spiced with the kind of things that could get my attention, I find the part about finding magical crystals more fascinating.
RiverWrites
Currently Reading: Autonomous
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riverwrites.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RiverWrites »

I'm excited to see this 4 star review! I'm thinking about diving into this series from the beginning, so it is great to see that you recommend reading all of the books. There is nothing better than a series with strong character development.
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

The superhero character Solaris tries to counter the fact that the new universe might erupt . I cant wait to know where the search for the magical crystal ends.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”