Official Review: All My Love, from The Land Of Morning Calm

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Official Review: All My Love, from The Land Of Morning Calm

Post by briellejee »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "All My Love, from The Land Of Morning Calm" by R. L. Lee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is rarely one big fairytale where we all get happy endings on the first try, and R.L. Lee's All My Love, from The Land of Morning Calm proves that. This book hits you with life's realities in the world of romance but also gives you hope to defy all odds of achieving what you want for yourself.

Cara didn’t even consider falling in love until she met Youngblood. A bit of naïve and carefree, Cara decides to leave the university and marry him. Their adventure in love suddenly takes them to South Korea when Youngblood was assigned there when he completed his pilot training in the U.S Air Force. However, things begin to change in the foreign land. Youngblood easily dismisses Cara for the sake of his friends, always getting drunk, and goes into bars. Finally had enough, Cara files a divorce. Without knowing anyone and barely understands the language, can Cara survive on her own? Will she be able to find love again? Or was falling in love the worst mistake she had ever done in her life?

This book is full of plot twists. Just as when I thought it would be a happily-ever-after, something suddenly happens in Cara's life. The plot thickens as the pages are flipped, making it impossible to put it down. In addition, Cara's character is superb. She's a woman of strength that breaks down the stereotypes set by society. She knows her value and her worth, and she refuses to go down without a fight. However, no one is perfect. She might be a strong independent woman in her work and her beliefs, but she is easily fooled by her feelings towards love. It doesn't make her character unlikable though, and I think it makes her even more relatable to the readers. Moreover, the people Cara meets along the way of her journey in South Korea have their own stories to tell which made the book even more interesting.

Another appealing trait of this book is the setting. The author did a great job in describing the country and introducing the Korean culture. The country is being described through Cara's eyes and why she has fallen in love with it and its people. Anyone who is not familiar with it would be fascinated as they read along.

The issue I have with the book is that it was a bit slow-paced in the middle part and accelerated near the end which made the ending seemed rushed. Also, the author's style of writing is like putting dots separately and then connecting them in the end. For example, the author introduces this character to Cara's life, but then he disappears on the next chapter. Then another one comes, getting entangled in Cara's life, and then vanishes again. It was frustrating for me because the romantic flow was being interrupted.

There were no noticeable errors found, and if it weren't for the scattered characters and slow-paced part, I would have given a perfect rating. Hence, I give All my Love, from The Land of Morning Calm a 3 out of 4 star rating. There were some explicit scenes involved so it might be inappropriate for the younger audience. If you love a hopeless-romantic kind of story or a giggly romance, then I'd recommend this book to you. However, if you're looking for a more steamy and passionate kind of romance, then maybe you won't be interested in this.

It's not as romantic as I thought it would be but it is fascinating in its own way. It reminded me that finding love is not always what we see in movies and fairytales. Its rawness about life can really hit a reader's heart. With that, I would like to leave you my favorite quote from the book:

Love is capricious and irrational… it makes fools out of us all
Do you agree?

All My Love, from The Land Of Morning Calm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like briellejee's review? Post a comment saying so!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

The book seems to take a realistic outlook on romance and love. Great review.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

This book is full of plot twists. Just as when I thought it would be a happily-ever-after, something suddenly happens in Cara's life. The plot thickens as the pages are flipped, making it impossible to put it down. In addition, Cara's character is superb. She's a woman of strength that breaks down the stereotypes set by society. She knows her value and her worth, and she refuses to go down without a fight.
A story full of plot twists with a strong female character is my cup of tea. Adding this to my bookshelf--thanks for the recommendation!
bookierme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by bookierme »

I love that Cara has such a strong character. The book sounds interesting and I might pick it up next time. Great review!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I think that Youngblood is very ungrateful. After Cara prematurely leaves university for him, he decides to insult her. This usually happens to a lot of persons in relationships. Thank you for a great review.
victorialove67
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by victorialove67 »

I love that Cara has such a strong character. The book sounds interesting and i wold by it
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

daydreaming reader wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 11:17 The book seems to take a realistic outlook on romance and love. Great review.
It does! A bit unusual than most romantic books I've read. Thanks! :D
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Cecilia_L wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 20:09
This book is full of plot twists. Just as when I thought it would be a happily-ever-after, something suddenly happens in Cara's life. The plot thickens as the pages are flipped, making it impossible to put it down. In addition, Cara's character is superb. She's a woman of strength that breaks down the stereotypes set by society. She knows her value and her worth, and she refuses to go down without a fight.
A story full of plot twists with a strong female character is my cup of tea. Adding this to my bookshelf--thanks for the recommendation!
Glad to hear that! Enjoy reading! My pleasure! Thanks so much! :D
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

bookierme wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 08:37 I love that Cara has such a strong character. The book sounds interesting and I might pick it up next time. Great review!
She's a little bit naive when it comes to love but totally understandable why. Glad to hear that! Thanks! :D
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

crediblereading2 wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 20:41 I think that Youngblood is very ungrateful. After Cara prematurely leaves university for him, he decides to insult her. This usually happens to a lot of persons in relationships. Thank you for a great review.
I thought the same too. You'd be very frustrated if you read what happened in between their love story. Sigh. I agree. My parents are on the same boat with Cara and Youngblood and I always find it unfair for my mother. Anyways, hope you'll read it! Thanks so much!
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

victorialove67 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:40 I love that Cara has such a strong character. The book sounds interesting and i wold by it
She has and it's inspiring! Hope you'll enjoy it! Thanks! :D
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

This book is my love life reflection. Reading it will enlighten my love life and give me answers to complicated love situations that I face as a student.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”