Review by Spath -- If life stinks get your head outta yo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Spath
Currently Reading: Decide Success
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spath.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Spath -- If life stinks get your head outta yo...

Post by Spath »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks Get Your Head Outta Your But's (A No-Nonsense Guide To Happiness And Success), by Mark L. Wdowiak is one of the best self help books I have read in along time related to altering a negative mindset. The information in this book is enormous and life changing. The author has done an incredible job reaching the reader from page one. His blunt concise criticism, done in a loving way, truly makes the reader think about how and what they could change to acquire a more successful life. If the reader will apply the principles the author sets forth they can begin a journey of a lifetime, bringing success into all areas of their life.

Mr. Wdowaik begins by helping the reader to understand their own life and expanding their understanding and respect for the lives of others. He shares his own experience with the "yeah but" mentality and how he over came it in his own life. He then offers the three main area's to success in life, crawling, walking and running. A very brief example of each area is as follows: Crawling concentrates on self responsibility, Walking concentrates on controlled thinking and Running concentrates on actions taken on the readers behalf by the reader. Each area is filled with incredible wisdom and soul searching information. At the end of each chapter, the author requires the reader to write their initials to hold themselves accountable for the use of "yeah buts" in their own life.

There is so much I like about this book it is difficult to decide on the things I liked best. Several items that I liked about this book was its unique title and the positive environment within the pages that gives the reader a sense of self worth and a firm reaction that being successful is very much attainable. The three area's of progression to success the author sets forth is a huge dynamic to positive change for many. I like the way the author presents the process in that it does not overwhelm the reader, but gradually allows the person to make changes on an individual basis. I was truly impressed with how many times the book touched my heart in ways that would bring permanent change in my own life. Several times words in this book jumped off the page into my own heart. A perfect example of this for me was in chapter two. The author wrote, "Who cares what someone else aspires to be or do? Let them be them, and let you be you. Relax and let yourself flow and grow, because overthinking it can lead to paralysis by analysis". The subject matter contained in this book is very much relevant to many people in our world today, including myself. I love the idea that the positive material contained in this book can lead to a better and more successful life for all who will take it to heart, an outcome we all can benefit from.

If I had to express a dislike about this book it would be that it ended. There is absolutely nothing that I did not like about his book. The book is very well organized and well written. I found one error in sentence structure where a word was left out, but it did not effect the readers understanding of what was being presented.

I definitively must give this book a rating of 4 out of 4. The book has incredible reach into the hearts and minds of its readers. If you are a person interested in improving your life in any area, then this is the book for you. In fact, I don't know of anyone that would not benefit from this book.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Spath's review? Post a comment saying so!
There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I can remember this book being a BOD on the forum. It really contains some very relevant advice for persons to turn their lives around. Very nice review.
Spath

Post by Spath »

crediblereading2 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 18:40 I can remember this book being a BOD on the forum. It really contains some very relevant advice for persons to turn their lives around. Very nice review.
I sincerely enjoyed this book. I highlighted alot of things that hit home, its a great book. Thank you for your kind words.
There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review, it sounds like the book really reached out to you. I find there are an awful lot of self-help books out there, but it’s nice to find one a little different.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

For a book with a seemingly-awkward title, I haven't read anything but favourable comments about this one. If it can alter a negative mindset, espouse mutual respect, and pave the way for success (regardless of how we measure such to be) the way you made it seem, then it definitely is something to be checked by someone who's after a piece of its genre. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

"Who cares what someone else aspires to be or do? Let them be them, and let you be you. Relax and let yourself flow and grow, because overthinking it can lead to paralysis by analysis".

This is so true and we get so wrapped up in hat others are doing that we forget about making better choices for ourselves or enriching our own lives. I have this book on my list to read and this is a reminder that I should go ahead and do that. Thanks for a great review
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I really enjoyed the review on this book. I read it recently and thought the author had a wonderful approach in both his thinking and writing. You know you have found a book that speaks to you, when you are reluctant to reach it's conclusion.
Spath

Post by Spath »

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. Your encouraging kind words are very much appreciated.
Ernest Hemingway
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

If I had to express a dislike about this book it would be that it ended.
Lol! I love that! Its good you enjoyed the book so much. I hope to read it soon,
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

It’s so easy to slip into a negative mindset. Comparison is also such a temptation that proves neither helpful nor healthy. I’m glad for a practical self-help book such as this one to encourage steps in the right direction.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

If Life Stinks Get Your Head Outta Your But's sounds funny for
"A No-Nonsense Guide To Happiness And Success". I can't help but laugh out loud at the book's thought-provoking title. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. I'll read this book on my free time. Thanks for the review.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Thank you for summoning this book up, since this book is the BOTM on November, I better check this out.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Spath wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 07:29 [Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
I was truly impressed with how many times the book touched my heart in ways that would bring permanent change in my own life. Several times words in this book jumped off the page into my own heart. A perfect example of this for me was in chapter two. The author wrote, "Who cares what someone else aspires to be or do? Let them be them, and let you be you. Relax and let yourself flow and grow, because overthinking it can lead to paralysis by analysis". The subject matter contained in this book is very much relevant to many people in our world today, including myself. I love the idea that the positive material contained in this book can lead to a better and more successful life for all who will take it to heart, an outcome we all can benefit from.
Wow! I am surprised that the book is a positive self-help book. I had misread the title and thought it was a bit crude. Funny! I like what you said about the book in the quote above, about how the book touched your heart to bring permanent change. I may need to check this one out for myself.
Spath

Post by Spath »

Cotwani wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 04:30
If I had to express a dislike about this book it would be that it ended.
Lol! I love that! Its good you enjoyed the book so much. I hope to read it soon,
One of the reasons I liked this book so much is that it can help anyone see the positive in life and success if they are open for some changes. Thank you so much for your comment. Sorry for the delay in my response, long story, I should write a book. :lol:
Ernest Hemingway
Spath

Post by Spath »

I want to thank you all for your comments, have had a personal crisis that needed my attention. You all are very awesome!
Ernest Hemingway

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”