Any Good Non-Fiction Reads?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Netgirl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netgirl.html

Any Good Non-Fiction Reads?

Post by Netgirl »

I've been on a non-fiction kick recently. I went through Tom's River and right now I'm reading through Dan Kirby's books. I read his 'Death at Seaworld' and currently reading another one called 'Animal Factory'. I know both these books are slightly controversial topics, but I loved how fact heavy they were and engaging. Anyone have/know any other good non-fiction books I could dip into that are engaging, well written, and well researched?
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

True Esacape Stories by Paul Dowsell. I have posted its review in this site so you could go through it. :)
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Netgirl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netgirl.html

Post by Netgirl »

wasif_ahmed wrote:True Esacape Stories by Paul Dowsell. I have posted its review in this site so you could go through it. :)
Awesome, thank you so much! I'll have to make a note of those. :D
pharkey
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharkey.html

Post by pharkey »

I highly recommend Awareness by Osho.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Confessions of an Economic Hitman
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Have you read Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody? It is autobiographical and really good.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

dflanky247 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 07:47 Have you read Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody? It is autobiographical and really good.
I've read this book and would also recommend it - it is very impactful. And, if you like true-life survival stories, "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson is also very powerful.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

I recommend McDowell by William H. Coles for you. Generally, the books that I read that were in the genre of non-fiction reflect the good works of the author already mentioned.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

Julie Green wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 14:20
dflanky247 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 07:47 Have you read Not Without My Daughter by Betty Mahmoody? It is autobiographical and really good.
I've read this book and would also recommend it - it is very impactful. And, if you like true-life survival stories, "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson is also very powerful.
Thank you for the recommendation. I am not very keen at non-fiction books, but I'll definitely check the book.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

Netgirl wrote: 28 Oct 2016, 21:55 I've been on a non-fiction kick recently. I went through Tom's River and right now I'm reading through Dan Kirby's books. I read his 'Death at Seaworld' and currently reading another one called 'Animal Factory'. I know both these books are slightly controversial topics, but I loved how fact heavy they were and engaging. Anyone have/know any other good non-fiction books I could dip into that are engaging, well written, and well researched?
The Cult Next Door: A Manhattan Memoir - Kindle edition by Elizabeth R. Burchard

It was so thought-provoking, and it has been reviewed on this site.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”