Review by pinklover -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by pinklover -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Becoming The Dragon is a science-fiction novel written by Alex Sapegin in the Russian language. Later, this book is being translated into English by Elizabeth Kulikov. They will tour us in the wondrous world of Ilanta. This fictional novel is the first book in a series of five books, followed by Wings on My Back, A Cruel Tale, Crowns of Horns and Home At Last. Andy's adventure is challenging, exciting and full of fun. Don't get lost of the various characters along with Andy.

Andy Kerimov is a typical Russian boy who likes playing computer. He also loves reading and preparing delicious meals. All of a sudden, Andy was struck by lightning in his neck from a school field trip. How did he survive the fierce lightning? The event bestowed him some unusual supernatural powers. There is some uncommon effect when he goes near electrical materials. Luckily, he observed bow lesson is an intriguing thing as he was being forced to stop his computer games. He convinced his old neighbor named Sergy to teach him bow lessons.

One day, Andy was attacked by some flesh-eating ants as he walks through a field. Without knowing, there was a scientific experiment conducted in the same field where he is present. Will he still manage to go back home? Fortunately, he stumbles into a cave and activated Ilanta's last artifact which is to become a "dragon."

Becoming The Dragon is very entertaining and enjoyable to read. The scene looks real, the extraordinary power is interesting, but the dangers seem frightening. I am enthusiastic about Andy's transformation from being a human into a beast; his transformation captivates my attention because I love a dragon tale. I will recommend this book to a person who likes science-fiction novel particularly dragon stories.

This book is divided into five parts, full of adventure, mystery and struggles. I noticed this book was the introduction to the world of Ilanta because Sapegin provides a background story for every character. I appreciate the flow of the story on how the author conceptualized every character that will soon connect to the upcoming series. Somewhat, I observed character development may look lacking, but Sapegin is making a thrill for the following sequel.

Furthermore, I did not discover any erroneous words in this book. The good grammar is easy to read. I refused to provide negative comments for the reason that I enjoy the description of each character. Those characters give me hint and thrill to the next series. Therefore, this book is worthy of 4 out of 4 stars rating because Becoming The Dragon entertains my idle mind. The story makes me excited to read the next available sequel on Amazon.

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like pinklover's review? Post a comment saying so!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Sadly, I don't live in the US so I can't purchase my own copy. However, that was a great review!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Morgan Jones wrote: โ†‘04 Jul 2018, 14:18 Sadly, I don't live in the US so I can't purchase my own copy. However, that was a great review!
Thank you for reading my review, you can change your address in your Amazon setting.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

Nice review! Hoping to read this book as well. I like your writing style, so simple and easy to understand. Good job! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Nice review. This book is really fantastic and full of mystery. I have also reviewed it and gave the same rating as you. Thanks
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘09 Jul 2018, 07:38 Nice review. This book is really fantastic and full of mystery. I have also reviewed it and gave the same rating as you. Thanks
Thanks for your time. You're right, creative imaginations make it more enjoyable. :tiphat: :x
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 »

I love fantasy books and it sounds even more intriguing if it was well-liked by you the reviewer. I haven't read many transformation stories, but this seems really unique.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Codeยฎ by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

This science fiction story seems interesting to read which is about Andy Kerimov a character in this book who gets extraordinary powers suddenly and finds that it changes his life entirely.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Wow! Sounds like a crazy set-up for a story, flesh eating ants and a lightning strike, but I imagine it would take quite a bit to summon a dragon. I'll think I'll give it a try just for the creativity. Thanks for the review.
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

KatSims92 wrote: โ†‘23 Jul 2018, 11:36 I love fantasy books and it sounds even more intriguing if it was well-liked by you the reviewer. I haven't read many transformation stories, but this seems really unique.
You're right! The uniqueness of this book will tour you to the different world of being a dragon.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This is such an enjoyable book. Thank you for the lovely review.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

Sound like some very captivating fantasy I would love to know how it ends.
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your review! I love books about dragons so I think I'll have to give this book a try :)
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: โ†‘15 Sep 2018, 22:17 This is such an enjoyable book. Thank you for the lovely review.
As what you have said, you will really enjoy this one. :tiphat:
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I read and reviewed this book as well and enjoyed reading it quite a lot. Its a mixture of sci-fi (lightning strikes, computers, and portals to another world) and fantasy (the world of dragons and flesh-eating ants) which I found fascinating. It sounds like you did as well. Thanks for the review!
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€