Official Review: The Authentic Driven Life by Crystal Davis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Official Review: The Authentic Driven Life by Crystal Davis

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Authentic Driven Life" by Crystal Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Authentic Driven Life by Crystal Davis is an empowering tool that anyone can use to carve out their dream life. This book helps you to look deep into yourself and discover who you are as an individual. It then guides you to use that powerful knowledge of self to design and create the life of your dreams.

It is true that there are many hiccups and obstacles to reaching our dreams. We are held back by negative thoughts, fears, the shame we carry from our past, and a lack of self-discipline. Crystal Davis has put together this book and its companion workbook which contain twelve processes that helped her to build her dream life. These processes help readers to discover what they value as individuals. Readers are taught to visualise clearly what they want for themselves in different aspects of their lives. They are helped, step by step, to map out ways to reach those goals. Their inner conflicts and self-sabotaging habits are addressed and replaced with good practices. These practices are aimed at developing self-awareness, self-love, self-discipline, and gratitude.

Crystal Davis is an inspiration in her own right. I will not go into details about her life story, but I will mention that she has forged past a difficult past and built a beautiful life for herself. As you read the book you can sense her warmth, strong positivity, and zest for life. She is an author who understands and has lived through the struggle. This gave me confidence in the book. If that doesn't convince you then perhaps her numerous certifications will.

The advice given in the book itself is helpful, realistic, and implementable. For example, I initially found it difficult to visualize what I wanted simply because I did not know what that was. However, the book helped me by pinpointing what was holding me back. In my case, it was trying to find a dream which would satisfy other's expectations of me and fit in with my current circumstances. It then helped me to break free from those self-imposed shackles and define a clear dream which aligned with my values.

I must warn you that you will require a strong desire for change if you are to benefit fully from this book and its companion workbook. Some of the exercises will require you to dig deep. This was difficult, and somewhat painful for me. Yet, it was necessary. I did not realise how deeply engrained my limiting beliefs were. I had to unearth painful memories and let go of them. Thankfully, the author outlines exactly how to let go and replace harmful thinking with positive, constructive thoughts and affirmations. I plan to revisit many of the exercises as I continue to build my own dream, a dream that is authentic to who I am.

I have to rate The Authentic Driven Life 4 out of 4 stars. The chapters and exercises are well organised and structured. The contents are refreshing and written with infectious enthusiasm. I recommend it to all those you yearn to discover what their own picture of success looks like. I recommend it those who are willing to put in the work to create a life of their own making!

The Authentic Driven Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kelebogile Mbangi's review? Post a comment saying so!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
OrlaCarty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orlacarty.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by OrlaCarty »

These kinds of books can be very hit or miss for me, but this one sounds really helpful. Intimidating, but definitely positive! I'm glad that it worked out well for you.
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

i really like this book because it has teach me how to do and to make my dreams to come true
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love that there is a companion workbook to this, but it's just not for me. It takes a very special self-help book to make me want to pick it up. I do appreciate your review, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Max12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Max12 »

One of the most important things in this life today is staying positive, and having a mindset that can propel you to success. This book is all about that. I'd also give it the four stars rating.
serahtemples
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by serahtemples »

This book is really very helpful especially for those who are yet to discover their dreams in life, it helps you identify who you are, what you want and how you will go about achieving it, the twelve processes that helped the author build her dreams might as well help you out from conflicting situations and brings out the invisible you in you.
chideradera
Currently Reading:

Post by chideradera »

i really like this book
because it has teach me
how to do things cool
bookierme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by bookierme »

Judging by your review, you found the book useful. Great review and this book sounds very interesting. I might give it a try. Thank you!
Character123

Post by Character123 »

very inspirational book.we all should read it atleast once to get inspiration and to tackle the challenges we faces in our life..
MariusMaru0301

Post by MariusMaru0301 »

"The Authentic Driven Life" by Crystal Davis

I love this book very much! It really helped me a lot to find my real desire in life. Before, I don't know what I want to be. I wanted to be chef then I changed my mind I wanted to be a teacher instead. But then again I changed my mind I said to myself that I want to be a veterinarian. It such a sucks! I did not know where I should put myself. But when this book and I met each other, wow! I could not believe that all I wanted to be is to be a businesswoman. At first yes it's hard but it's all worth because at the end I found myself. The true desire that I wanted to be since then I did not recognize. Thank you so much Crystal Davis for writting this book!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This sounds like an effective book on helping oneself. The strategies taught are really realistic as you have stated. Great review.
Nidaconhh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nidaconhh.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Nidaconhh »

Great review. The book sounds interesting to me. I have discover my dream, yet not confident enough to give a go. The book stated about fear and negative thoughts and how to dig deeper to overcome it. I might give it a try. Thank you!
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

There are motivational books and there are those rare practical ones which inspire and motivate at the same time. It seems this book is one of those few. Inspiring with enthusiasm!!!

I am going for this book.... Thank you!!!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I really like that this book has a companion workbook. At different seasons of my life, I've found the type of self-analytical book that requires one to dig deep as you described quite helpful. I'm not in that place right now, but I will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for the inspiring review!
Johnte1111

Post by Johnte1111 »

This book has really inspired me alot it has shown me different steps on how I can go about with my life

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”