Activities that encourage reading a variety of genres

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Activities that encourage reading a variety of genres

Post by holsam_87 »

I'm still pretty new but wanted to know if there had ever been activities for members to track the genres that they are reading? I've seen a couple of fun ones offered in my local district. They are called a Ringo Reading Bingo and a Reading Color Wheel. They're similar to Summer Reading Bingo. If anyone would be interested, they can be found on Pinterest.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180625-220126.jpg
Screenshot_20180625-220126.jpg (345.46 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
Screenshot_20180627-231312.jpg
Screenshot_20180627-231312.jpg (297.67 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
Screenshot_20180627-231128.jpg
Screenshot_20180627-231128.jpg (185.92 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I like this a lot. I actually tried this last year when I was attempting to complete, and actually did complete reading 50 books in one year. It stretched me a little which I needed, but I find myself still leaning to certain categories more than others. It actually turns out that when I'm reading for fun and when I'm reading to review I have different preferences. When I'm reading for fun I like to read thrillers and romance,when I'm choosing a book to review I tend to lean towards the non-fiction and poetry. I wonder if anyone else tends to be that way as well.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Just posted a new challenge here. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

holsam_87 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 01:14 I'm still pretty new but wanted to know if there had ever been activities for members to track the genres that they are reading? I've seen a couple of fun ones offered in my local district. They are called a Ringo Reading Bingo and a Reading Color Wheel. They're similar to Summer Reading Bingo. If anyone would be interested, they can be found on Pinterest.
I've never seen anything like this before. It's so interesting :o I found that since joining the onlinebookclub that I have been reading more of a variety of genres and it's been really great. There's definitely something in this book thing.
holsam_87

Post by holsam_87 »

I'm glad you guys this. I have a ton of background in Reading Education, so its a joy when I can share ideas with fellow bibliophiles.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

holsam_87

Post by holsam_87 »

Book Bear wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 13:20
holsam_87 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 01:14 I'm still pretty new but wanted to know if there had ever been activities for members to track the genres that they are reading? I've seen a couple of fun ones offered in my local district. They are called a Ringo Reading Bingo and a Reading Color Wheel. They're similar to Summer Reading Bingo. If anyone would be interested, they can be found on Pinterest.
I've never seen anything like this before. It's so interesting :o I found that since joining the onlinebookclub that I have been reading more of a variety of genres and it's been really great. There's definitely something in this book thing.
I have found that I'm reading a lot more genres than my usual as well. It took one of my college teachers pushing me to go outside the box and I enjoyed it.
Samantha Holtsclaw

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”