Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami

Post by Amy+++ »

This book sounds so good that I can't wait to read it! The book has something for everyone it seems.
Noor194
Favorite Author: Katie McGarry
Favorite Book: Hush Hush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
fav_author_id: 12098

Post by Noor194 »

-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:24 Because I love mystery books so much, I decided that I might read this book. However, I was put off by the whole Art / History side to it. Those genres are just ones that I've never really read or had any interest in!
Same here the art side is making me hesitate about reading the book...
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I loved this book so much! I haven't read a book with as much romance as this book had -- and loved it this much -- in longer than I can remember. The details throughout were believable and very well-written. I loved the paranormal element to the story, and the action was at just the right pace to keep me on my toes. I definitely give this book 4 out of 4 stars, and would give it 5 if I could. My hats off to the author!
terrylove
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrylove.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by terrylove »

I liked this book because I love art and mystery. I thought they tried to impress us with some of their vocabulary. I was predicable in what happen but we always like a good happy ending.I gave it a 3 out of 4
danopsy
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danopsy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by danopsy »

JR Mercier wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 09:58
-brintontaylor wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 03:24 Because I love mystery books so much, I decided that I might read this book. However, I was put off by the whole Art / History side to it. Those genres are just ones that I've never really read or had any interest in!
I used to feel the same way but since I've started my own research into history, into the subjects I like and that wasn't prescribed by a school I've fallen in love with the old world. So maybe it'll surprise you. :D
I really felt the same way as you, cos the genre isnt waht i like but reading the book make me want to try more with this types
Stephanie-poole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Stephanie-poole »

Da Vinci conjours such romantic ideas for me. What a great theme to explore. Even if you are not an artist it sounds worth a read. This book sounds like it would appeal to a variety of people. A fascinating take.
mommaing
Favorite Book: Surprised by Joy
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommaing.html
Latest Review: Mock My Words by Chandra Shekhar

Post by mommaing »

Your reviews are making me go back and forth. Art and history and mystery are all plusses for me! Steamy romance thrown in the middle, not so much. i think this will go on my "want to read" shelf.
piecesfallapart
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piecesfallapart.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by piecesfallapart »

Abiba Alice wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 06:18 I haven't read this book yet but it definitely sounds like one I want to check out... I love a good mystery story
I feel the same way. I haven't read the book, I haven't even heard about The Girl Who Knew da Vinci before coming into the forum, but, both the mystery story and the art/history part of the book makes me feel like I need to read it as soon as possible.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I'll give it 4 ouut of 4 stars. I absolutely loved it.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

AmandaReadsBooks1 wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 12:43 I just started this book to review! I’m really excited. I’m a big fan of Da Vinci, enjoyed The Da Vinci Code very much, and have read in the reviews that this book has a hint of the paranormal. Love it! Can’t wait to dig into this one :)
Da Vinci doesnt have as much of a presence in this book as the title implies. It is still an amazing historical fiction with some paranormal though. I loved it! I reviewed it as well
Mir H S Quadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mir-h-s-quadri.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mir H S Quadri »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 01:09 It is an interesting book which follows multiple themes of art, romance and mystery. The most attractive thing for me is its unique plot and perfect imagery. In the middle of the book the plot becomes complex and vague. I would like to recommend this book to others because of its interesting themes as it will appeal to many art lovers.
I love books that have artistic tones to them. But I am wondering if this might turn into a bit of drag right in the middle of the book...I hope that is not the case.
Maksiub1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Maksiub1 »

The book is filled with lots of mystery and a good display of art. it's historical analysis is quite intriguing though the plenty genres in it puts me off. I recommend this to lovers of romans and mystery.
bukworm543
Currently Reading: The Art of Rest
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by bukworm543 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 19:40 I believe the Giuliano-Fioretta and Gerhard-Sophia angles were told well. I have to check with Google though about the accuracy of the historical details (for my own further education). I would say I had fun with the book, though there were too many steamy scenes. I rate the book 3 out of 4.
Thanks for the head's up! I like romances, but I'm not looking for a book with "steamy scenes."
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelinda »

I thought The Girl Who Knew da Vinci was a fairly interesting and easy read. And I liked getting a little flavor of the deMedicis as I'm interested in that time in history. I don't know if I would recommend it though, as there are so many other better books that provide suspense, thrill, and a little bit of historical fiction thrown in.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
Samantha2442
Currently Reading: Farenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha2442.html
Latest Review: The Life and Lessons of a Young Author by Sunayna Prasad
Reading Device: B01AZ8ERHI

Post by Samantha2442 »

I originally wasn't going to look into this book because of art-history side to it, which made me a bit uncertain. However, after browsing through the comments, I might have to change my mind. The mystery and intrigue sound of it has me curious now. :)

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”