Review by cpru68 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review by cpru68 -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Volunteer Review: Toni the Superhero, by R.D. Base', contemplates on the theme of the story! It is inspiring, descriptive and useful!
Last edited by Surabhi Rani on 07 Jul 2018, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

The book sounds like a fun read. I like the bright colors on the cover. Thank you for confirming that the bright colors continue throughout the book. I like the idea of a child sized Superhero who teaches the importance of helping others.

This may seem like an odd question, but what is the size of the book? Would a three year old be able to handle it by themselves while they were walking?

I remember that my children loved carrying their favorite books around the house. Actually, they're grown now and they still carry books around the house. We all do.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

A young superhero who contributes both in society and within his household seems like a great character to inspire young children. It’s always great for kids to get an early start on learning how to read, and this sounds like a great book to help with that. I do agree that some hidden words would be a good idea to make the story more interactive.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

I like the idea of having the book be interactive, in would definitely add value to the book. Having the child guess the last word would definitely keep his/her easily distracted mind focused.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like that the superhero, Toni, does things in a self-motivated way, like rescuing cats, sweeping around the house and generally helping around the house. He eats healthy and swimming is his choice of exercise. Sounds like just an inspiring book for youngsters. Nice review.
Sania Saher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sania Saher »

it's very interesting book for children and there are many things to learn.. I will surely recommend to my siblings.
usman_bringa89
Currently Reading: It's My Party
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by usman_bringa89 »

I love and appreciate this book.good colour collection and it shows how kindness,sympathy and friendly children are,I wish the the book continued weekly.
Riaz hussain
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Riaz hussain »

Most important thing i have scene in the life of superhero is that he is trying to teach this word how to deal ir behave the others just like a cat the superhero rescu cat out of tree he wants to show sympathy and kindness to kids many more he is going to express his life style by taking healthy food he is playing a role just like mentors.its inspirational for youngsters.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the review and the interesting suggestions as well! This book is going to be an awesome read for the would-be-readers. The children can easily identify with Toni and at the same time can look up to him. I myself plan on reading and reviewing it.
Cheryl12
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl12.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Cheryl12 »

What makes "Toni The Superhero" different from the list of Superhero that already exist?
He's considered the cream of all superhero. He is a young boy with super natural powers.
Also, he is involve in other activities on the human level.

There is not many emphasis placed on magical powers. But emphasis is placed on daily domestic duties at home, interacting with kids in reading, sports and eating right.
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

Love the bold use of colour and simple but clear illustrations in this one
tolulashe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tolulashe »

I like the fact that this book focused on Toni’s more normal activities rather than any kind of super heroics because it makes the book relatable to children who also enjoy doing many activities like playing with their friends or cleaning around the house.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Excellent review! It looks like this is a valuable book for small children who just started reading. The colorful illustrations surely engage young readers, and also, make easy to understand the meaning. As Toni not merely carries out his extraordinary tasks but also helps in the household chores and protects innocent animal like a cat is surely imitable for other children to show sympathy for other beings. I congratulate the author for this great children book.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds really cute and great for little kids just learning to read. I don't have any kids myself right now, but I plan to someday and will definitely keep this book on my list of books to teach them to read with. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I loved your review. You gave some wonderful suggestions to the author. I also noticed the sentence that did not quite fit the pattern and I think the book would be much more fun for kids if it were interactive. The illustrations are indeed eye-catching and somehow compensate for the rather random selection of the activities in which Tony is involved.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”