Review by Neda_Haffari -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neda_Haffari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neda-haffari.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter
Reading Device: B01ATM2WJU

Review by Neda_Haffari -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by Neda_Haffari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a novel about a high school boy named Darwin who lost his parents long time ago and was living with his aunt till she got sick and unable to be his guardian any more. So Darwin was obliged to live with his cousin, Luther Pennelli, who was a famous football player and his new guardian. Darwin could not access to the money his parents left for him because he was under age and Luther had strong opinion about not giving young boy money very easily! So Darwin needed to work for Luther and earn money for his education as he wanted to be a doctor like his parents. In the big house of Luther, Darwin found Granny who was not very friendly, Mrs. Thomas, Luther’s house manager and the other staffs in the house. After a while, Darwin got to know Sweeny Pale, a celebrity young singer, who was Luther’s fiancé. As Darwin was very gentle, kind and intelligent, he made a good relation with almost everybody. But story went complicated with love, lust and ....

The main story of this novel as I mentioned in summary, was about Darwin and as we gradually knew the other characters, we faced lots of side stories through the characters. Close’s main character was just perfect, a dream boy; clever, gentle and kind with lots of money which I didn’t have any problem with but in my opinion though main story was very attractive, the side stories were so many! Coles tried to mention as many social problems as he could in this book. Drugs and gambling habits, corruption in medical field, protesters with no vision, sexual harassment, having affairs or even gender confinement! It caused unnecessary characters and events.

The story had enough ups and downs to make a book an attractive one though the ending was very smooth with no shocks.

The narrator which Coles used in this novel was third person limited by several points of view. One was very close to Darwin, the main character; one was close to Helen Malverne and the other one close to Laszlo, Luther’s head of security and a private investigator. Using this narrator had several advantages; it made readers more involve with the story as they can see through several points without knowing what is going on in the minds of the other characters!

The thing I didn’t like about this book was the characters that had very important roles in the main story and they suddenly got disappeared, like the writer got bored talking about them and let them go!

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Neda_Haffari's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mughal Talha Zaib
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mughal Talha Zaib »

:shock: this very very good and motivated noval! Its shows that work hard, till you grt your ambition! It's was amazing novel for! I enjoy thia noval to read! I hope you will write a noval like that and send me!
You're Wellwishsier,
Mughal Talha Zaib
alexpet

Post by alexpet »

good story,great work to Darwin for the believe he has in himself
tygagaze1
Currently Reading:

Post by tygagaze1 »

It's all about motivation and vision. great story
Benard Aisakhuoghena
Currently Reading:

Post by Benard Aisakhuoghena »

Nice work! This novel has elevate my joy! I so much it, when I read this novel.
Neda_Haffari
Currently Reading:

Post by Neda_Haffari »

Mughal Talha Zaib wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 04:40 :shock: this very very good and motivated noval! Its shows that work hard, till you grt your ambition! It's was amazing novel for! I enjoy thia noval to read! I hope you will write a noval like that and send me!
You're Wellwishsier,
Mughal Talha Zaib
I agree that this book was a good novel! that's why I gave it 3 stars!
tnx for the wish :)
Neda_Haffari
Currently Reading:

Post by Neda_Haffari »

alexpet wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 06:48 good story,great work to Darwin for the believe he has in himself
yes Darwin was super cool :) :) :)
Neda_Haffari
Currently Reading:

Post by Neda_Haffari »

tygagaze1 wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 07:50 It's all about motivation and vision. great story
True :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”