Review by bootsie0126+ -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Review by bootsie0126+ -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by bootsie0126+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superheroes come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. In Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base, readers meet Toni, a young boy with exceptional powers. In his spare time from saving the world, Toni enjoys doing common, everyday things too. Look inside to discover the other run-of-the-mill things that Toni enjoys.

It is common for children to view superheroes as unique and extraordinary characters who they dream of being like. In Toni the Superhero, the author cleverly portrays Toni as a typical kid, doing normal things like other children. Toni enjoys doing the same things other kids like to do. For instance, he likes to read, dance, jump, run, swim, and play with his friends. Toni also has daily tasks and activities, such as helping around the house, eating and sleeping, that he performs like other children. In spite of having superpowers, the author described Toni’s similarities to other children instead of the differences between them.

This is a great book for children who are in the initial phase of learning to read. The writing style of short sentences with simple words and including pictures afterward is a great method in helping children understand and figure out words. Using repetitive and picture words will help new readers become familiar with common words and increase their vocabulary. The illustration is great for this type of book. The vivid and bright colors are fun, appealing to children, and used as a learning tool for color recognition.

Although there is no customary plot to this book, the hidden message the author left behind in this story was great. It is okay to be different as long as you are enjoying life, regardless of the opinions of others. It was great that Toni’s superhero abilities were not the main topic of the story. Showing the different activities and chores that Tony enjoys doing could trigger a desire in your child to like them as well. I really liked the illustrations in this book. Great detail, vivid pictures and varying sizes of the illustrations were eye-catching.

There was nothing about this book that I did not like. Despite the length of the book and the four-word sentence format, there were no spellings, grammar, or editing errors. This is an engaging book about a superhero that enjoys everyday activities like other children. In addition to all the good things mentioned above, the author’s dedication to keeping the focus on what Toni likes to do when he is not saving the world, and not on his superpowers, is why I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. Looking forward to learning more about Toni in the next book.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like bootsie0126+'s review? Post a comment saying so!
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I think its a good book to be read by children. I enjoyed reading your review. :) :) :)
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

A great book to read with my daughter. I will be reading it very soon. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”