Review by Mouricia25 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Review by Mouricia25 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by Mouricia Allen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a paranormal romance thriller. It tells the story of Angela Renatus, an art historian interning at a prestigious Art Museum, and Alex Caine, an army veteran and art detective who has been hired to investigate Angela's boss and recover a missing painting. We see them joining forces to look for the painting rumored to have gone missing from the Uffizi museum in Florence during World War II. The painting was done by Leonardo Da Vinci and was kept a secret from the world. The book tells of the issues they encountered, and also the fiery passion between the two.

Initially, it took some time for me to fully grasp some portions of the book, as it was a bit confusing to keep track of the different time periods as they moved back and forth. However, once I did, I could truly appreciate how well written the book was. I loved how every time I thought I had figured out what was going to happen next, there was a twist.

As a lover of history and romance, this was the perfect combination for me. I was intrigued by many of the events in the book. The chemistry between the characters was not forced, and I found myself wishing everything would go well for them. As a thriller, it was action-packed, and there was never a dull moment. Once I started reading, I could not put the book down, and I just fell in love with the characters and storyline.

There was nothing I did not like about the book. The novel was well edited, and I noticed no errors while reading. The plot was told in such detail I felt as if I was there in the moment with the characters. The details provided showed just how much research went into the writing of this book. I liked how well developed the characters were, and that there were no plot holes.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars as it was well written and it was an absolute page-turner. I would recommend this book to readers like myself who enjoy romance, thriller, historically based novels. It is perfect for a weekend read, and would also be the perfect book for a book club discussion. It does, however, contain some steamy sex scenes, and other adult-like conversations and moments, I would not recommend this book to young readers.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mouricia25's review? Post a comment saying so!
Gathoni Ruth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gathoni Ruth »

The book is well written and therefore so nice. It articulates different ideas to the learner and also helps one to view thing in a well speculated way.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

I like Leonardo Da Vinci, so I wouldn't mind reading a book written about him. I found the book to be interesting, and the suspense was killing me in this book. I was literally on the edge of my seat. Thanks for the such a great review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
aribear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aribear »

Great review! I think I will add this book to my list of books I need to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”