Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Re: Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Post by Samy Lax »

Since the book seems to be the first in a series, I sure hope there's a book 2 coming up soon. I loved reading about Angela and Alex, and it would be a lovely treat to read about them again in the (hopefully) next book.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Yes, it seems like that is Belle Ami's intention to write more books around Angela and Alex. The woman at the Italian vineyard cottage said that Angela had a gift. The book ended as if to point out that there will be more missing art cases for Alex and Angela work together to find.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

I think Alex and Angela would make a good spin-off storyline from The Girl Who Knew da Vinci. They were very passionate characters and held my interest throughout the book.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 12:44 This is the first book I've read by Belle Ami so I am not familiar with her style or other books but I can't help but wonder if she plans on turning this book into the first book of a series. What are your thoughts?

I think with the way she ended this book that it might be possible. I tend to get attached to the characters in books and movies and am always wanting more stories to develop surrounding them.
I agree, the way she ended the book makes me think that she'll continue Alex and Angela's story in the next installment. I also can't wait to find out who's life Angela is tapping into next, what Maria had to tell Angela about her gift, and what will happen to our leading couple in proceeding events.

I'm pretty similar to you, I also get so attached to characters that I love seeing them elsewhere, continuing the story.
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I think this book is the beginning of a series about Angeal and Alex. The books ends open, so I am sure there is more book of the series coming.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

I hope Alex and Angela move forward with art investigations. However, I'd like to see the supernatural storylines put on the back burner.
Humble8
Favorite Author: R.D. Base
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading: The Housemaid
Bookshelf Size: 59
fav_author_id: 125945

Post by Humble8 »

I may say yes, of cause if she want to advance in her area of speciallization,she needed to write more. Thanks for this.
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 »

Tamorie21 wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 18:28
SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 12:44 This is the first book I've read by Belle Ami so I am not familiar with her style or other books but I can't help but wonder if she plans on turning this book into the first book of a series. What are your thoughts?

I think with the way she ended this book that it might be possible. I tend to get attached to the characters in books and movies and am always wanting more stories to develop surrounding them.
I agree, the way she ended the book makes me think that she'll continue Alex and Angela's story in the next installment. I also can't wait to find out who's life Angela is tapping into next, what Maria had to tell Angela about her gift, and what will happen to our leading couple in proceeding events.

I'm pretty similar to you, I also get so attached to characters that I love seeing them elsewhere, continuing the story.
Tamori21...I actually worry sometimes about myself and how attached I get to characters in books!! :lol2: I just finished doing a Beta Read for an author whose book I found here as one of the BOTD books. The book hasn't been released yet which I'm sure means the author probably doesn't even have a 4th book started, heck he might not even have a 4th book planned but as soon as I finished reading, I was sad because I didn't have anything more to read involving those characters!! I'm weird, I know, it's ok. :lol2:
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 16:25

Tamori21...I actually worry sometimes about myself and how attached I get to characters in books!! :lol2: I just finished doing a Beta Read for an author whose book I found here as one of the BOTD books. The book hasn't been released yet which I'm sure means the author probably doesn't even have a 4th book started, heck he might not even have a 4th book planned but as soon as I finished reading, I was sad because I didn't have anything more to read involving those characters!! I'm weird, I know, it's ok. :lol2:
No, I totally get you! Let's just let our weird breathe :lol2: Most people I know tell me that they hate books that are in a series because they get tired of the main character(s), but I'm the total opposite. I like seeing the characters go through more challenges and make it out, whether I'm reading a fantasy or a realistic fiction. Btw, for your sake, I hope that author makes a 4th book for you and ends your suffering :lol2:
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Tamorie21 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 20:06
SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 16:25

No, I totally get you! Let's just let our weird breathe :lol2: Most people I know tell me that they hate books that are in a series because they get tired of the main character(s), but I'm the total opposite. I like seeing the characters go through more challenges and make it out, whether I'm reading a fantasy or a realistic fiction. Btw, for your sake, I hope that author makes a 4th book for you and ends your suffering :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: He did reply to my email and verified that he indeed DOES have plans for a 4th book!! WOO HOO!!!! :lol2: I almost replied 'Well that is good because I would email you daily if I have to with ideas on which direction the series can go if you didn't have something planned out!!' :lol2: :lol2: He has asked me to give him input on cover ideas for the book I just finished beta reading for him :D
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 16:25 :lol2: :lol2: He did reply to my email and verified that he indeed DOES have plans for a 4th book!! WOO HOO!!!! :lol2: I almost replied 'Well that is good because I would email you daily if I have to with ideas on which direction the series can go if you didn't have something planned out!!' :lol2: :lol2: He has asked me to give him input on cover ideas for the book I just finished beta reading for him :D
I'm actually so excited for you! :lol2: And you get to help out with the cover of the book, lucky you :D The first 2 books in your author friend's series is out already, right? I feel like I want to read it now :lol2: Btw, my hope for all sequels is that the characters go through some transformation, to make their character (hopefully) more likeable. It's actually what I'm hoping will happen with Angela.. :lol2:
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:

Yes his first 2 books in the series are out. And he also has a first book that ties the characters together (and then also brings them all back together in the 3rd book that hasn't been released yet).
I totally agree about wishing for characters to transform as their stories are told through multiple books! I hope it also happens for Angela!
samiam013
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samiam013.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by samiam013 »

I just read a blurb on the author's website that the next installment in the series will be out this year sometime, so yes I do believe we will get more books about Angela and Alex. I am very excited at the prospect of being able to read more and find out about Angela's "gift" and where it will lead them next.
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". (Plato) :reading-7:

Smiles are contagious! Infect someone today! :D
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Granted this book is a very successful, I assume that Belle Ami will follow up on the story.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

ValBookReviews wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 06:52 Granted this book is a very successful, I assume that Belle Ami will follow up on the story.
I agree. I think it would be hard for any author to leave such a successful book hanging like this when so many people are expecting another installment.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”