Review by mamalui -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by mamalui -- Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by mamalui »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devilish" by Tricia Barr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Devillish by T. L. Barr is an epic supernatural love story between a young reporter named Felicity and Lucifer.

Lucifer decides he needs a holiday from hell and comes crashing into Central Park, New York, from the sky. Everybody goes into a state of panic as to why he has suddenly appeared on earth. So when Felicity gets an opportunity of a lifetime to interview him it seems too good to pass. She then goes to his penthouse for the interview and from the moment they set eyes on each other, sparks fly. Lucifer then proposes that they should date in exchange for the scoop. Felicity agrees. What follows next is a whirlwind romance full of intrigue, danger, supernatural action and plenty of steamy sensual scenes.

The author, T. L. Barr comes up with a plot so engaging that if you are a lover of romance then this is one book you shouldn't miss out on. This action packed story, full of suprising twists, turns and unlikely villains: is highly engaging and not one to miss. The reader will find the wide range of characters to be intriguing and unforgettable. They all serve to support the overall plot from the beginning to the end. The story is fast paced and quite enjoyable leaving the reader wanting more. However, if you are a reader with a strong religious point of view, or sensitive to sensual scenes then this is not for you.

When I first saw the title of the book I wasn't expecting the plot to pan out as it did. It was very romantic and endearing throughout. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and was impressed by the action scenes. I am looking forward to reading more books from this author. Call me old fashioned but I was touched by the main character's dominant and submissive relationship. Even though they were an unlikely pair, they had a deep love for each other. The one thing that was missing from the story was perhaps Felicity's full background. The author may have neglected to give a full introduction of the character.

I may not have been on board with the whole protraying the Devil in a good light thing, but I did enjoy reading the book. I found the ending to be fabulous and satisfactory. I therefore rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the many errors. Sometimes the sentences were too long and didn't make sence and there were quite a few grammatical and typing mistakes as well.
I recommend it to readers who like supernatural romance stories with sensual scenes to boot.

Devilish
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mamalui's review? Post a comment saying so!
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

The premise is pretty interesting, but too much steamy romance for me.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

teacherjh wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 15:44 The premise is pretty interesting, but too much steamy romance for me.
Sorry for that teacherjh. The story is very captivating I thoroughly enjoyed it. And thanks for the comment.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”