Review by anwidmer -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by anwidmer -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by anwidmer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Murder, suspense, thrilling romance, a paranormal aspect and adventures of extravagance.The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci has all this and more!

Angela, the main protagonist, is fresh out of college and has landed the gig of a lifetime. An internship at the renowned Gettysburg Museum. It’s a dream come true until that dream becomes a nightmare. She finds herself instantly caught in a battle between her career and her dignity. This due to a vile chauvinistic man who happens to be her boss. His unwanted advancements leave her feeling vulnerable and second guessing her entire career. Enter Alex Cain and a job offer from the private art detective. He makes a living retrieving stolen and lost art all over the world. Can she leave her dream job behind and take a risk with her career?

To top it off Angela begins having visions of the past. She must solve the riddles of what they mean, and Alex is the only one she can trust. Or can she? What is her connection to a painting 500 years old? A painting that may or may not even exist? Is Alex the key to helping Angela solve these riddles? She must decide fast what course she will take. They aren’t the only ones attempting to solve the mystery. What ensues is a story filled with mysterious suspense and the great lengths one will travel to keep safe those they love.

This book held a bit of a special interest for me within the first few pages. I grew up in LA and passed the famous Gettysburg daily on my commutes to and from work. The museum was a favorite of my grandmothers, and we would visit on special occasions. The museum is depicted well in the story. I imagine if I knew anything of Florence, the places and things described in that setting would be spot on as well. This author did an amazing job of creating an aesthetically pleasing experience for the reader with his descriptive accounts throughout. And while he described everything thoroughly, it was not too descriptive. It is a delicate balance I feel the author masters in The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.

There was a unique paranormal nuance in the story that might normally have deterred me. Reincarnation is usually a subject of great debate. The author portrayed it in such a way that I was left feeling a powerful persuasion to believe in it. This is attributed to the great ease at which the author weaves us through the multiple lives of Angela and Alex. He kept the accounts within the realm of believability. Another delicate task that I feel he mastered.

The romance aspect is another part that at times can become overwhelmingly repetitive in its descriptions. One can only read about the same steaming anatomy for so long. The author, in this case, did an excellent job to expand at the proper moments. Likewise just cutting to the chase when needed to not pull you too far from the plot. I'm not a fan of romance novels in particular. Which, not to be confused, this one is not. I did however, enjoy the romantic aspect of this particular book immensely.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. Either there was not a single error or I was too wrapped up in the story to notice one. This book is a must read for any mystery fan. I believe those drawn to a good romance novel would enjoy this one as well. While not totally a romance, it has all the elements for an exciting change of pace that I would encourage readers to indulge in. As stated before this book has it all! I recommend it as a must read for lovers of any genre as I feel it would appeal to all.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anwidmer's review? Post a comment saying so!
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

How great is it that you have a personal tie to the Gettysburg Museum, so can relate perfectly to the author's descriptions! That must have been so much fun to read :)
I enjoyed your review! You took me on a journey through this book and really made me want to read it.
Great job!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

Bianka Walter wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 11:31 How great is it that you have a personal tie to the Gettysburg Museum, so can relate perfectly to the author's descriptions! That must have been so much fun to read :)
I enjoyed your review! You took me on a journey through this book and really made me want to read it.
Great job!
Thank you! Yes, growing up in LA County definitly had its perks. I live in florida now and miss that historical touch LA and surrounding areas had to lend. Lately it seems everybook ive read they either travel to, or are based out of, california. It does make it fun to read =)
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

I just started reading this! I am extremely excited to really get to the meat of the story.
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

chupke07 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 09:35 I just started reading this! I am extremely excited to really get to the meat of the story.
You will not be disappointed I promise you that! What is your favorite genre?
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I am reading this book right now. I am enjoying the romantic part, but like you, I am not a romanticism fan. This book is really engaging. Great review!
chupke07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chupke07.html
Latest Review: Metaphase by Mitchel Street

Post by chupke07 »

anwidmer wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 18:09
chupke07 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 09:35 I just started reading this! I am extremely excited to really get to the meat of the story.
I enjoy a ton of genres. Fantasy tends to be my favorite.
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

chupke07 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 20:11
I am also a mixed genre fan but mystery and crime tend to be my favorites
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

onixpam wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 18:36 I am reading this book right now. I am enjoying the romantic part, but like you, I am not a romanticism fan. This book is really engaging. Great review!
It really is! It was say more then i expected and the romanticism didnt bother me like it normally would
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

chupke07 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 20:11
Im mostly a fan of YA fantasy the most when it comes to fantasy, i have no idea why lol. My absolute favorite genre would be crime and mystery thrillers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”