Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Is this book good to be adopted in to a film?

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

Three different time periods would be a sight to see! I think I would watch the movie if this book would ever be adapted into one. I think it would turn out great if it handles the scenes spectacularly.
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

I think this would make a good movie. My personal opinion would be to tone down the adult scenes, but I'm sure there are plenty who would like those sections also. Some of the author's imagery would play well on the screen.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by anwidmer »

Sdejardine wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 10:22 I think this book would do well in the film industry. The flashbacks, in particular, would make for a good movie. I think they would want to be careful in comparing it to the Da Vinci Code. While there are some similarities, I find the books stand alone on their own and should not be confused as sequels or such. I am always excited to see a book I read become a film. Often times I am disappointed in the film version, but that is what separates book lovers from the rest of the world.
I agree! I was just going to say that the flashbacks in particular would e great in a film. I too am always dissapointed in film versions. I feel this is because when you read a book you visualize it as you want to when you watch a film you're watching someone else's vision of that storyline
HGreenfield04
Currently Reading: Nerd Gone Wild
Bookshelf Size: 2122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hgreenfield04.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by HGreenfield04 »

I would love to see the different couple brought to life. I think it could be made into an absolutely beautiful movie.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

There are some scenes I was just thinking about would be really dramatic on screen. We didn't get to know Max at all, but there could be a really intense scene with him at the end. Also the scene where Alex's car goes out of control and blows up. Not to mention the stand-off in the cave. I think the film industry could really attract a wide audience. Those who enjoy mystery, romance, action, beautiful scenery. There is so much that can be developed from this novel.
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

HGreenfield04 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 13:05 I would love to see the different couple brought to life. I think it could be made into an absolutely beautiful movie.
I think a great screen writer could help develop the three couples to make them more distinct from one another and to show the intensity of their love.
HGreenfield04
Currently Reading: Nerd Gone Wild
Bookshelf Size: 2122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hgreenfield04.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by HGreenfield04 »

kfwilson6 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 14:37
HGreenfield04 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 13:05 I would love to see the different couple brought to life. I think it could be made into an absolutely beautiful movie.
I think a great screen writer could help develop the three couples to make them more distinct from one another and to show the intensity of their love.
Oh absolutely! Each couple along with the art and the time periods could make for a visually stunning movie. (beautiful :D ) But it would have to be done just right otherwise it could go left and fall flat.
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 12:10 I think this would make a good movie. My personal opinion would be to tone down the adult scenes, but I'm sure there are plenty who would like those sections also. Some of the author's imagery would play well on the screen.
Agreed. I think a larger audience would be appropriate for this story if the relationships were presented in a PG13 version. I don't think it would take anything away from it either. There would probably be more people attracted to the story in relation to the number of people who would be deterred by the lack of sex scenes. A younger audience could enjoy the film. Especially given this storyline doesn't really lead a reader/viewer to anticipate or look forward to romance/eroticism.
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

Sdejardine wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 10:22 I think this book would do well in the film industry. The flashbacks, in particular, would make for a good movie. I think they would want to be careful in comparing it to the Da Vinci Code. While there are some similarities, I find the books stand alone on their own and should not be confused as sequels or such. I am always excited to see a book I read become a film. Often times I am disappointed in the film version, but that is what separates book lovers from the rest of the world.
I think I would prefer the movie to the book in this case, assuming it is done well. The areas that I thought needed improvement could definitely be improved upon. It has great potential. It also helps when you aren't absolutely in love with a book. When a story is done so well you can't really imagine it being done any better, that makes it harder to appreciate it in a visual format.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

If this book were made into a movie, I could see the special effects be awesome. Just think of the final battle in the cave where Scordato and his cousin's faces morphed into the bad guys from the earlier time periods and the ghosts showing up to save Alex and Angela. The European settings would also come across well in a movie.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 12:10 I think this would make a good movie. My personal opinion would be to tone down the adult scenes, but I'm sure there are plenty who would like those sections also. Some of the author's imagery would play well on the screen.
I have a feeling a movie version would play up the erotic scenes. I could definitely see some plot points being completely eliminated such as Scordato's sexual harassment. There is too much going on in the book and a screenwriter would probably cut out the excess to make a smoother, more suspenseful flow.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

I feel like movies change the essence of the narrative, so maybe no. But that being said, I would love to watch a movie if it came out at some point.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

Yes, I think The Girl Who Knew da Vinci would make a good movie. The visions and experiences that Angela has of the other two couples from Italy and from the past would make the movie interesting along with adventure, mystery, romance, and danger. Scenes of the Getty Museum in L.A., the Uffizi Gallery in Italy, and the Tuscan vineyard would all be interesting places.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SparklesonPages »

I definitely think that there is potential to translate this book into a compelling movie. It would require a creative director to assure that the flow is maintained though.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

A movie adaption from this book would be fantastic. The way it was written already provokes some great cinematic scenes in the mind as we read it, so I'm sure, with the right director, a movie would be highly successful.
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”