Review by maggiechap -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Review by maggiechap -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by maggiechap »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A little crime, a little drama, a little magic and a whole lot of history wrapped into an incredible romance story that spans three generations. The Girl Who Loved da Vinciby Belle Ami takes readers on a world wind love story as incredible as the historical figures it portrays.

The 240-page book inspired by The Da Vinci Code takes readers on a journey back to the life of Da Vinci through the eyes of Fioretta Gorgini, Sophia Caro and Angela Renatus. Three women from three different time periods, all connected to the same lost painting of Da Vinci. Men, driven by greed, seek to be the first to discover the lost painting and uncover its truth for monetary gain and they are willing to kill for it. Can Angela, a young art intern in the modern world, save the painting and her own life from their murderous hands and in the process heal century-old wounds? She’s frequented by nightmares of Fioretta’s and Sofia’s past that take her back to the incredible world of historical Italy in the times of da Vinci and world war two in hopes of bringing the fated curse of the da Vinci painting.

This book is the kind of book that authors dream of writing. It’s the kind of book that inspires readers to become writers. While it gets its inspiration from the likes of The da Vincie Code, I found this book even better. I honestly can’t say enough good things about it. The story of Fioretta is heart breaking and passionate. Sofia’s story is mysterious and sexy. Angela’s plot weaves a beautiful combination of the two. All of it centered around the unusual tell of the missing da Vincie painting, which acts as a fourth character in the novel.

Grammar mistakes were minimal, and the few I noticed didn’t affect the writing. The author’s storytelling shone throughout the book with captivating and intriguing plot twist, though some outcomes were predictable, the storytelling that it took to get there was not. I laughed and cried with these women and men.

Not to mention that the bad guys are painted as realistic villains. Their each given their flaws and those flaws become the backbone that drives the story, as villains and characters should be written. Though at points, I wanted more from the villains, I realized instantly that this would’ve made the villain unrealistic and defeated the purpose of the story.

The ending was even more magnificent and left readers with questions to be answered in the follow-up story, which I’m already dying to read! Even with the few mistakes I mentioned above, I’m 100% invested in the story and have become a fan. Anyone who loves historical romances with a bit of magical realism involved will adore the modern twist on an iconic favorite. Though I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone under 18 because some of the graphic and sexual context. All things considered, I have to give this book a 4 out of 4 stars for incredible storytelling, brilliant plot and extraordinary characters. Hands down, I will be suggesting this book to any of my friends who love to read.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like maggiechap's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I read this one because it was the book of the month, but I really didn't think it deserved to be. It's good to read reviews from people with differing opinions though. Gives you a chance to see some qualities you might have missed. So, nice review!
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Yes, I love historical romance novels. The passion, mixed with drama, and separation in some parts makes it exciting to read. Which based on your review seems like it has all of that. Sounds like character is being tormented by her past in her nightmares. I will be adding this one to my bookshelf to get a closer look. Thank you for the great review.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Interesting and thought provoking read. This adorable story has caught the heart of many readers.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

Wow, what a wonderful review. I don't love historical fiction genre, but the lives of these three women have created a great story. If I get a chance to read it, I won't pass it up.
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”