Review by artyboo25 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
artyboo25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artyboo25.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Review by artyboo25 -- The Girl Who Knew da Vinci

Post by artyboo25 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami unravels an unforgettable mystery. Belle has done a marvelous job of weaving three unique, romantic plot lines from three entirely different historical settings into one beautiful, literary tapestry. This book is recommended to readers looking for a thriller, romance novel with a lot of action. Wonderful time traveler suspense. Art historian Angela Renatus keeps being tumbled back in the past, drawn by visions she doesn’t fully comprehend.

This story takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of Florence and Tuscany - past and present with side trips to, Rome and Paris. Art historianAngela Renatus who specializes in the Renaissance, is haunted by dreams of Leonardo da Vinci and a mysterious painting of Giuliano Medici and his mistress Fioretta Gorini. Angela and Alex journey to Florence in search of the priceless treasure. A painting that, as far as the world knows, doesn’t exist. However, Angela is determined to find out the truth.

Is it a lost da Vinci, potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars, or a wild goose-chase that will only lead to a dead end? But someone else is searching for the elusive painting-Alberto Scordato is a powerful man in the art world and a sociopath who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even murder. Scordato knows something about Angela that even she doesn't know, something that could threaten both Angela and Alex's lives, forcing them into the crosshairs of fate. Can Angela and Alex get their hands on it first?

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci book is filled with romance, mystery, and ghosts. The character who I thought was the most interesting was Fioretta. She was feisty, sarcastic, and romantic.
I liked the historical aspects, most notably Fioretta’s storyline in the novel. This book shocked me from start to finish with it’s incredible plot, fast-paced narrative and extraordinary characters. The romance was starting to get grating towards the end though.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Leonardo da Vinci is briefly featured in the novel, and I would have liked there to be more interactions with Leonardo, that way the title would have made more sense. The romance was starting to get grating towards the end though, It would of been more interesting if they didn’t hook up in the end. Overall, I was drawn to the reincarnation element in the story and thought that it was well done. This book should only be described as a face-paced thriller that should not be missed.

The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like artyboo25's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

Good review. :tiphat: You really got me excited about reading the book. I love a good mystery. :techie-studyingbrown:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”