How To Get A Book Published

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Hardekunley1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How To Get A Book Published

Post by Hardekunley1 »

Mine dream is coming true in getting pulished......... thanks
My Blessing 21

Post by My Blessing 21 »

I have written some poems and I want to publish them. I would like some information on how to do that. I also am in the process of writing a book. It takes a lot of thought to write the book. However a poem I can write in a matter of minutes. I would like to make a short book of poems and publish it. How much would that cost? Does anyone know?
semtru3
Currently Reading:

Post by semtru3 »

I have often wanted to write a book about my life.
It would better than fiction
I just can't start
Does anyone have a answers to where I would start
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SparklesonPages »

Thank you for this post. I am seriously weighing the self publishing route versus sourcing a publisher. Having recognition from the professionals as well as the marketing aspect make that route more appealing at the moment. Naturally the fear of never hearing back from publishers is ever present.
mexamor86
Currently Reading: Zeva
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by mexamor86 »

Apt and informative. Useful for aspiring writers
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

This post is helpful. I would like to publish a book of my poetry some day. There are a lot of sites out there nowadays that let you publish your own book. I don't know how well that works though. I would say it would involve doing ones own marketing to get it out there and noticed.
Mac :techie-reference:
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

The marketing aspect of self-publishing scares me silly, as I am the worst salesperson I have ever met! Nor am I one to jump on the personal publicity bandwagon and launch myself into the public eye for any reason. I have written a children's book that has been favourably reviewed by peers and their children, but it will probably remain on my desktop, forever unread because I'm just the biggest coward! :roll:
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

I wrote 550 (email) queries. 550 rejections. Glad I didn't need stamps! Not sure what to do, but I do have a new, better book to promote. I'm getting consistently good reviews on this new one.
Beth Babb
Currently Reading:

Post by Beth Babb »

It would be wonderful to see your book in print....of course, you have to write it first. Ha ha :D
Randysgal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randysgal.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Post by Randysgal »

Which is better: self-publishing or traditional publishers? Why?

I am nearly finished with a historical fiction novel and have been researching both ways and honestly at this point feel that I am best served by self-publishing since I am in control of everything. I have been researching everything as much as I can. I am a photographer so the graphic arts for the cover was easy enough for me. My husband is a great editor and he will be editing the book.
Ali Phulpoto
Currently Reading:

Post by Ali Phulpoto »

How to become effective writer?
What sort of stuff i required to make it done?
Cowgirl87
Currently Reading: A Police Action
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Cowgirl87 »

I have dreamed of being published. When I get bored and can not clear my mind. I find myself writing books. It is a hobby right now, but I would like to see my books get published. I am more worried what it would cost to do it
Patrick Nnadiogo
Currently Reading:

Post by Patrick Nnadiogo »

Wow thanks for the update, actually this is what I have be searching for a while
you are great
cadelfavreau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cadelfavreau.html
Latest Review: The Sojourners by T. L. Hughes

Post by cadelfavreau »

This is really helpful information! thanks for sharing, I am looking into publishing a short story collection myself :D
carcrumley28
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading: The Private Life of the Brain
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by carcrumley28 »

How difficult is it to get a children’s book published? I would like to include my own illustrations. I would be angry and upset if my watercolor illustrations were turned into something that could have been produced by Disney.

Return to “Writing Discussion”