Official Review: A Mothers Love by Bettyrose Woody

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Re: Official Review: A Mothers Love by Bettyrose Woody

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I am a big fan of books with a developed character arc, however, an unorganized plot is not for me. I would have read this one if the storyline were more developed. Thanks for the review.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Kemunto lucy wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 04:17 The author's story is great though the organisation and the errors disappoint. Thanks for the thorough review.
Yes, I honestly think her story is worth reading. It taught me a lot about the difficulties of narcissism; however, it would have been much more appealing to be able to read it comfortably.
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 14:24 I am a big fan of books with a developed character arc, however, an unorganized plot is not for me. I would have read this one if the storyline were more developed. Thanks for the review.
I can relate! When I can follow the movements of a character with understanding and ease, I think that read to be worthwhile :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

SamSim wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:55 Great review! I especially loved the line about sympathy being squeezed from your being. This sounds like a painful book in many satisfying and unsatisfying ways. The disorganization, repetition, and lack of editing are going to keep me away from this one.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Yes, it was an actual challenge reading things out of order as well as several times without giving up on the story. Albeit it being a considerably interesting read, avoiding the frustration might be for the best.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

This memoir has a very good message but without going through the editing process, it will be the biggest turn off to most readers. I'm saluting you for persevering in reading this book despite the disorganisation, not well-edited, and the repetitions. Thank you for your lovely review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Plfern
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plfern.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Plfern »

At the beginning of your review of A Mother's Love, it sounded like a great book to read. However, because of the many repetitions that can be annoying, the disorganized way of putting chapters together, and the ill-edited words, I may not give this one a read. Thank you for your review.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

I was hesitant to read this book, and I think I am going to pass on it. I have heard mixed reviews, but I don't see myself enjoying this book.
William Shipilo
Favorite Book: Final Notice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by William Shipilo »

The title of the book is brilliant and some parts of the story but exaggeration is much of the a concern.
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

I would like to read this but there is really nothing that I hate more than a disorganized book. It can seriously hinder the reading experience. This sound like an important story. Well done on the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”