Official Review: Idi & the Oracle's Quest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Official Review: Idi & the Oracle's Quest

Post by nikkyteewhy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Idi & the Oracle's Quest" by T N Traynor.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Idi & the Oracle’s Quest is a sci-fi/fantasy book by T N Traynor. It is the first book in the Born to be Fantasy Series. It is about an elderly magician named Marcus. He was sent on a mission by the Oracle to evacuate his home and go in search of a young boy named Idi. Marcus was to train him to become a wizard and together, they had to travel to the kingdom of Havenshire. They would find the girl pregnant with “The One.” The young boy was going to become a great and legendary wizard who would save "the One" prophesied to be King. Marcus reluctantly went to the village of Clodoth and found Idi. He was a poor orphan and his guardian maltreated him. He was battered and starved almost every day of his life. Idi was dubbed the village idiot. Marcus noticed he was disrespectful and ill-mannered. He had a remarkably low self-esteem because of the abuse he had suffered. Marcus had to work on changing Idi’s perspective about himself.

King Hamish, the king of Havenshire was manipulated by the evil Norvora. The king committed a vicious act against his daughter Cassandra and the kingdom of Bluedane. Bluedane must go to war against Havenshire in retaliation, and Cassandra was banished from the kingdom of Havenshire. Alone and pregnant, Cassandra must fight for her life and the life of her child. The forces of good must unite to help Cassandra fight against the forces of wickedness who want to harm her. Idi and Marcus encounter many obstacles in their journey. They battled the heart eating dragon, wicked witches, and demons. They befriended good witches and fairies. Idi must master the act of sorcery in other the defeat the evils that threatened to unleash great suffering and destruction to the world.

The story is a narration told from the third-person point of view. The plot is genuinely fascinating. There are beautiful illustrations at the end of each chapter. These illustrations encourage the reader to vividly imagine the scenes. Believing in one’s self is a recurring message in this book. The characters in this book calculate time by the hourglass which I found to be fascinating. There is character development.

I do not have any complaint about this book. I enjoyed reading every bit of this fantasy book. The tragic parts in the book made the plot more intriguing.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I found no grammatically incorrect sentences or spelling errors in this book. It seemed to be professionally edited. The plot is character driven. The writing style is direct and straightforward. I recommend this book to those who enjoy adventure books and sci/fi fantasy books. I do not recommend to young readers because there are violent deaths described in this book. It contains magic, spells, demons, dragons, and fairies. I do not recommend to those uncomfortable with these.

Idi & the Oracle's Quest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like nikkyteewhy's review? Post a comment saying so!
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

I'm on a fantasy kick right now, so I might read this. Did the story feel went too far in some scenes? I know this is a popular trope post-Game-of-Thrones.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Love fantasy books with a good storyline. Sounds like it was a good book.
Happyasha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Happyasha »

The story writer uses a narrative technique which should have a flash back bcos the incident did not arranged in a sequential order. Nice story lines
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Sounds like this could be a good book. Thank you for your review.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I really enjoyed the sample on this one and I am looking forward to reading it at some point. I was surprised because I didn't like the cover. So, you really can't judge a book by it's cover. Thanks for your review.
elwhiz
Favorite Book: Harry Potter: A Journey Through A History of Magic
Currently Reading: Fire Girl
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by elwhiz »

sounds. . . general to me like every other magic have laid my hands on or should i say a compilation of magic tales with different characters, this a no to me.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Can't go wrong with a "fascinating" plot and professional editing. Thanks for the recommendation!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Sounds exciting! I like to see how they work together to tip off the evil doers away. Thank you for your review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

This sounds interesting, but I find the cover off-putting. It reminds me of a children's book.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

DathanReeves wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 15:36 I'm on a fantasy kick right now, so I might read this. Did the story feel went too far in some scenes? I know this is a popular trope post-Game-of-Thrones.
Yes, I feel it did. I don't want to spoil it for you so I can't go into more details.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

SamSim wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 10:13 Can't go wrong with a "fascinating" plot and professional editing. Thanks for the recommendation!
You are welcome.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

KristyKhem wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 17:27 Love fantasy books with a good storyline. Sounds like it was a good book.
Same here. It was a good book.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Mouricia25 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:46 Sounds like this could be a good book. Thank you for your review.
It really is. You are welcome, dear.
nikkyteewhy

Post by nikkyteewhy »

elivia05 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:12 This sounds interesting, but I find the cover off-putting. It reminds me of a children's book.
Well, just like they say, don't judge a book by its cover. This literally applies in this case.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”