Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
SweetMelissaV2131
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetmelissav2131.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Do you think Belle Ami will write more books around Angela and Alex?

Post by SweetMelissaV2131 »

Sushan wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 18:59 I think there is nothing for us to wonder since, amazon has revealed that this is the 1st book of a series, in the book description. :lol:
:D I do realize that now :lol2: That will teach me to post a question without reading the whole Amazon description of a book. I also wanted to see if this question would raise some opinions on whether or not the readers/reviewers here would like to see this book as the beginning of a series. It will be interesting to see how the author continues the storyline I think.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. :D
kjarch1228
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjarch1228.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by kjarch1228 »

With Angela's abilities, there's potential to write numerous stories involving mysteries from the past.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 11:05 She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
One of my biggest points of irritation with this book was at the end where Alex asks her to be his partner in art detective work and tells her she is a natural at it. Ummm...what did she actually do to contribute to finding the painting that wasn't tied to being a reincarnation of Sophia and Fioretta? Had it not been for the paranormal aspect of it, she really wouldn't have had any skill to move the investigation along.
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

SweetMelissaV2131 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 10:38
Sushan wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 18:59 I think there is nothing for us to wonder since, amazon has revealed that this is the 1st book of a series, in the book description. :lol:
:D I do realize that now :lol2: That will teach me to post a question without reading the whole Amazon description of a book. I also wanted to see if this question would raise some opinions on whether or not the readers/reviewers here would like to see this book as the beginning of a series. It will be interesting to see how the author continues the storyline I think.
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. :D
Don't trust what Amazon says!!! LOL. I'm joking but how many years have we been waiting for the next Game of Thrones book?? Also Superhighway is classified as a trilogy, but I have seen no mention of a third book yet. I'm stumped as to whether or not that will actually be a trilogy. I think it was a reasonable question to ask simply based on how the book ended. I think some people may see it as an opening for a series and some may think it was just a nice way to end the book with a little intrigue.
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

I think the ending implies there will be a sequel. Angela's conversation with Maria, plus the pull toward another vision despite Sophia and Fioretta moving on. Also, Alex asking Angela to work with him seemed to be a setup for a future in tracking down more artwork (how much work can there be though?).
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

kfwilson6 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 19:35
Dael Reader wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 11:05 She probably will. But I wish she wouldn't. Not unless she does enough research to base the plot lines more solidly on art history. If Angela and Alex can start solving art mysterious with a more academic approach, rather than based on Angela's ridiculous past-life regression/spirit possession episodes, the stories could be a little bit more interesting. If she keeps basing the stories on sex scenes past and present, there will be very little to recommend about the books.
One of my biggest points of irritation with this book was at the end where Alex asks her to be his partner in art detective work and tells her she is a natural at it. Ummm...what did she actually do to contribute to finding the painting that wasn't tied to being a reincarnation of Sophia and Fioretta? Had it not been for the paranormal aspect of it, she really wouldn't have had any skill to move the investigation along.
Dael Reader wrote: An excellent point. What Alex probably means is he just wants to keep her around for sex. After all, she can't be the reincarnation of every artist's muse. How will she track down the next painting without channeling her past lives?
kfwilson6

Post by kfwilson6 »

Dael Reader wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 20:01
Dael Reader wrote: An excellent point. What Alex probably means is he just wants to keep her around for sex. After all, she can't be the reincarnation of every artist's muse. How will she track down the next painting without channeling her past lives?
Hey, you never know how many past lives she has. If she dies young in each life she could have 4 lives per century. That's a lot of opportunity right there.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I think it's a stand alone book. Now it's up to the author whether she wants to bring more installments of this book or not. I think uniqueness of characters is important.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Rhianne
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhianne.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Rhianne »

In the section about the author at the end, it says it's the first book in a series. I do wonder how it would carry on without Angela having such a strong connection to other paintings. I won't lie though, I'll be reading the next. :lol:
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I totally agree. It's as if Alex gave Angela credit for something she had no control over. One of my biggest issues with this book is the way Angela's character is fleshed out throughout the story. Since she is first described as brilliant, I would have preferred if she did actual research to find the painting.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

kfwilson6 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 19:39 I think the ending implies there will be a sequel. Angela's conversation with Maria, plus the pull toward another vision despite Sophia and Fioretta moving on. Also, Alex asking Angela to work with him seemed to be a setup for a future in tracking down more artwork (how much work can there be though?).
I had a problem with Angela's pull toward another vision being the set-up for the next book in the series. In this book, her visions are supposed to be past-life regression. Is each book in the series going to focus on another past-life regression? That seems way over the top. I would have preferred it if Angela had proved herself as a worthy assistant to Alex in more traditional ways. That would have been a better set-up to future books in a series - an expert in art history who helps an art detective.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I sure hope so. I agree that she left the ending open ended enough to do so, without leaving any cliffhangers so she could be finite if she wanted to.
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

lesler wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 13:04 I sure hope so. I agree that she left the ending open ended enough to do so, without leaving any cliffhangers so she could be finite if she wanted to.
Well, the author wrapped up the plot in this book, but Angela had a different vision at the end. I think that's a little cliffhanger that will be the start of the second book in the series.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

The title on Amazon says that it is the Out of Time Thriller Book 1 so I'm assuming there will be more of them. Also, in the epilogue, Angela seems to be having another vision that was not any of the characters in this book.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I would love to see more adventures of Alex and Angela working together to find priceless artifacts. With Angela's visions, maybe she has other past lives that weren't connected to the painting? It would be interesting, to say the least.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”