What is your favorite couple from the novel?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is your favorite couple from the novel?

Post by Cristina Chifane »

kjarch1228 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 00:02 Fioretta Gorini and Giuliano de Medici are my favorite couple. Fioretta is so bold and passionate in her feelings for Giuliano. And I feel that of the three male counterparts, Giuliano is the one that sacrifices the most to be with his love, Fioretta. I also love the way they speak to one another. Their language is so romantic. I wish we had a little more insight into their love story.
If he had trully loved Fioretta, Giuliano would not have kept their marriage a secret. Then, I could have said he sacrificed everything to be with her. I wish their story had been more developed too.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

I'd have to say Fioretta and Giuliano. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why, I just felt the most drawn to them. I really wanted to know more about them. Alex and Angela irritated me too much with their one week romance. Sophia and Gerhard were interesting, but I didn't feel as intrigued by them. Maybe I just wanted to know more about the subjects of da Vinci's painting.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

kfwilson6 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 23:03 I'd have to say Fioretta and Giuliano. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why, I just felt the most drawn to them. I really wanted to know more about them. Alex and Angela irritated me too much with their one week romance. Sophia and Gerhard were interesting, but I didn't feel as intrigued by them. Maybe I just wanted to know more about the subjects of da Vinci's painting.
I also found Alex and Angela's romance a little annoying. Although I enjoyed the story overall, I am not wild about the two of them being featured in future books in the series.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I liked Alex and Angela the most. They had the most developed storyline, with the possibility of a happy ending? (no spoilers here)
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

Fioretta Gorini and Giuliano de Medici were by far my favorite couple. I wish there had been more of their story in the book!
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Post by holsam_87 »

I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

holsam_87 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:27 I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
That's a nice explanation. Fioretta and Giuliano were the initial love story. Almost as if there love didn't just happen because it was destined to. There was more to it than they were together before so they need to be together again.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Since I have not finished the book yet, I really can't say who my favorite couple is. But just so far, (1/2 way through) I really like Fioretta and Giuliano. They seem to be meant for each other.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I likes Angela and Alex simply due to the fact that the book highlights more of their relationship. We see their first encounter and how their relationship grows from there. The couple I liked the least was Sophia and Gerhard. I found Gerhard's behavior to be totally unbelievable. I have been in life-threatening situations. Your husband is NOT whispering sweet nothings in your ears when there are bombs going off outside!!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

kdstrack wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 22:00 I liked Angela and Alex simply due to the fact that the book highlights more of their relationship. We see their first encounter and how that relationship blossoms from there. The couple I liked the least was Sophia and Gerhard. I found Gerhard's behavior to be totally unbelievable. I have been in life-threatening situations. Your husband is NOT whispering sweet nothings in your ears when there are bombs going off outside - and much less if you are pregnant!!
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html

Post by holsam_87 »

kfwilson6 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 19:57
holsam_87 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:27 I'm not really sure if I have a favorite, mainly because each couple had good qualities. Fioretta and Giuliano's relationship showed more snippets of the relationship developing over time. Sophia and Gerhard lived in dangerous times and they took a lot of risks, not only with taking the wedding painting but even being together because Gerhard was a German soldier. Alex and Angela seemed to happen way too fast, even if it was all preordained by fate that they would be attracted to each other. I guess I favor the original couple based on the fact they are the foundation for everything that happened.
That's a nice explanation. Fioretta and Giuliano were the initial love story. Almost as if there love didn't just happen because it was destined to. There was more to it than they were together before so they need to be together again.
Yep, and it showed that their love for each other would never die.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Giuliano and Fioretta, because they really seem to have found true love.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

My favorite couple is Angela and Alex as all the other love stories revolve around them and there is a greater development of their love relationship than any other in the novel.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

Sophia Caro and the German officer. They beat all odds and fall in love in the course of war. Wars create enermity but theirs is the reverse.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Sophia and Gerhard are my favorite. I think it's because of their ability to come up with an amazing escape strategy from the war.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”