What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: What do you think about the idea of knowing when you will die?

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I would not want to know because I wouldn't want to keep thinking about when my time will be up. Also there is not a promise that you die of natural causes. I would rather take advantage of the time I have left and make sure my loved ones know they are loved.
Ebrown413
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Ebrown413 »

What!!! This is a big deal, "knowing the time you will die" is like saying you have an apointment with a company for job offer, as a person who has been jobless for the pass years, so it will be all what you will thinking of and the idea is devastating. I don't agree with the idea
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I don’t like the idea of knowing when I’m going to die. I’d rather live my life and not worry about it.
beckbeck123
Currently Reading: Serial Killers
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by beckbeck123 »

Simply I wouldn’t want to know, I am an overthinker anyway on the smallest subjects so by knowing this information, it would just send me crazy!
Rhoda 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Rhoda 2 »

I know I will die but then I would not want to know when to die because it will create fear and end up dying even before the actual time.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

I always thought that must be the scariest part about getting the death penalty -- knowing the exact moment.
Taiwotimman1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 827
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Taiwotimman1 »

The only thing I can say is that under that condition, if u are a Christian, I think u need to seek God's favor.
Father yarns

Post by Father yarns »

I will rather live that to God to decide. Because if pleople will know when they will die, may be an hour before they die, you will see them runing from one place to another wanting to deliver an urgent massage before they pass-away. And the funniest part of it, is that, in the process of running to deliver the massage before they died, they will cause somany accicent that will cause the life of an enocent people. You will see people in the street running naked simply because they are bathing and then discover they will die while they are not ready for it.
jackmwangi

Post by jackmwangi »

Hi. Jack here. However, not read the book yet. But I think the theme brings us so close to reality, in the manner that one is able to imagin what actually would happen to them if you knew the day you were to leave this world. It will cause fear among some, others would hate to discuss the issue as well.
lilyk+2ndjuly
Currently Reading:

Post by lilyk+2ndjuly »

Knowledge is a source of empowerment. It broadens your horizone, your perception and modus vivendi. Knowledge about the future makes one wiser and that could be seen in your actions, sense of judgement and when you speak, it sounds like an Oracle. Knowledge ab initio of my death will help me either to avoid those things or circumstances that will expose me to die or get myself prepared when it is inevitable. The wisdom which comes from God and the power of knoledge will guide me to do the needful.
TheBookReader77

Post by TheBookReader77 »

Well The idea Of knowing when you are going to die is something i would not want to know because it can cause some psychological problems for the person. What if you knew that tomorrow is the day you will die ??! You will be in such a big fear that you dont want tomorrow to arrive. As a conclusion knowing the date of your death means that your life is useless and not important because you wont achieve anything knowing the fact that your death is pretty soon.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

I'm not sure how I would feel to have the knowledge, to know when I would die. Reminds me of that episode in Game of Thrones where the boy looks into his hand and says you will know when it is time. For me, I imagine I will be young and I've suffered so much already, that I'm not afraid of it.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

I do not want to know when I am going to die. Ignorance is bliss.
Nnpenny96

Post by Nnpenny96 »

I believe that, knowing when you’ll die, is dangerous for someone who isn’t strong minded in that area. For me ? I don’t know if I’m ready to want to know that unless I am ready to die.
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I don't think I'd want to know when I am going to die, I would rather enjoy the time of the current moment.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”