Review by michelleconte123 -- Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
michelleconte123
Favorite Book: Toni the Superhero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelleconte123.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by michelleconte123 -- Toni the Superhero

Post by michelleconte123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base is a very cute book for children. I think children that are four years old to children that are eight years old would benefit from this book the most. Throughout the book, the author focuses on the things that Toni does. The book is entertaining. You can follow this young African American boy throughout his adventures. You will see the special powers that he has and you can see the ordinary things he does that's just like normal kids.

We begin with Toni the Superhero and the things that he does like save the world. Then, we see Toni like every other child who plays and eats. He does a lot in one day. The book leaves the reader waiting to see what Toni will do next. The illustrations in the book go along well with the text of the book. When we read about Toni eating vegetables we see a page full of vegetables. The illustrations look professional. The book is very colorful.

I would give this book four out of four stars. I like the introduction to Toni the best. He is a real superhero and he has real superpowers. He flies around and wears a cape and gown. I also liked reading about some of the things that he does that is like other children. The part I liked the least is that we didn't hear about his family a lot in the book.

I think the book would appeal to all children but this book is best for children four years old to eight years old. I think the targeted audience should be children who like superheroes. This would be in the same genre as Batman books, Superman books and Spider-Man books. I think children who do not like superheroes would like this book the least. This book is definitely fiction but there is a large audience for superhero books.

When you read this book you are taken on an adventure. You follow Toni through some things everyone else can't do like save the world and fly around. Then, we see some Toni do some things that everyone else does too like plays with his toys. He is shown as a young African American boy, dressed in a superhero uniform. I think this book would leave children engaged in listening to his adventures. I can't wait to read the next book so I can follow Toni's adventures.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like michelleconte123's review? Post a comment saying so!
pheyishayor001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pheyishayor001.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by pheyishayor001 »

This is a very nice review. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”