Timing of BOTD Emails

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Timing of BOTD Emails

Post by MarisaRose »

Recently, I’ve been receiving the “Oh no your carryover entries are going to be lost” email well before the actual BOTD announcement email. (Received the “oh no” email today around 8pm EST and still haven’t received the actual BOTD announcement email - it’s now approximately10:20 pm EST.) Anyone else having this issue? Normally I wouldn’t mind, but now that there is the new “secret code” included in the BOTD emails, I keep missing out on the bonus entry.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I have been receiving the BOTD email with the bonus code around bedtime!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

Yes, this is happening to me almost every day. But most emails I get seem to be off a bit. I'm new around here, so I've only been getting these emails for a few weeks, but I've gotten several of the "Oh no, your carryover entries are going to be lost" emails, and then I am unable to use the link.

I am also getting the "Oh,no" messages after I've already entered the raffle. Yesterday, I downloaded the book from Amazon and got a message saying that I needed to download the book before I could enter the contest.

And then 2 days ago, I got an email saying my giveaway entry was disqualified because I didn't do a Facebook post. I wasn't aware that I had to do a FB post.

Frankly, I find this website a bit on the user-not-friendly side, and I wish I could find one page explaining everything that goes on, so I could get the big picture. Actually, that's what I was doing when I found this forum.

I keep assuming that, like with all social media type sites, I will eventually get the hang of it. However, I really feel like I am behind the curve here. Obviously, I can't comment on books I haven't read, and I'm not going to buy books that don't appeal to me, so it seems like it is slow going for being fully involved. :?
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

Another example of something that is frustrating: I have tried to change my currently reading shelf, but it does not save. God, that's got to be one of the simplest thing to do around here, and I can't manage it.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

FictionLover wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 07:00 Yes, this is happening to me almost every day. But most emails I get seem to be off a bit. I'm new around here, so I've only been getting these emails for a few weeks, but I've gotten several of the "Oh no, your carryover entries are going to be lost" emails, and then I am unable to use the link.

I am also getting the "Oh,no" messages after I've already entered the raffle. Yesterday, I downloaded the book from Amazon and got a message saying that I needed to download the book before I could enter the contest.

And then 2 days ago, I got an email saying my giveaway entry was disqualified because I didn't do a Facebook post. I wasn't aware that I had to do a FB post.

Frankly, I find this website a bit on the user-not-friendly side, and I wish I could find one page explaining everything that goes on, so I could get the big picture. Actually, that's what I was doing when I found this forum.

I keep assuming that, like with all social media type sites, I will eventually get the hang of it. However, I really feel like I am behind the curve here. Obviously, I can't comment on books I haven't read, and I'm not going to buy books that don't appeal to me, so it seems like it is slow going for being fully involved. :?
You don't have to do a FB post. But once you click that you read the sample and you get the other bonus entry options, make sure you don't click on "Yay I did it" for any category you didn't participate in. You will have boxes each for commenting on the review, FB, twitter, pinterest, and linkedin. You will also have one for using bookshelves and the secret code. Only click Yay I did it for the ones you actually do. If you don't comment on FB, don't indicate that you did. You can get as many bonus entries as you'd like. The point is not to make you read every book of the day, it is to get you to read ABOUT the book and sample it. Then you post a comment based on that information. If you like the book's sample, then you can purchase/download for free and read the whole book.

As for the bookshelves you should just be able to click the link that says Add and type in the title and author and save that info to whichever shelf you want it on. Not really sure what the trouble is so can't really provide any further guidance on that. You can also use the search function at the bottom of any screen to search for the book. If you come up with a result that says the book title on bookshelves, click that link and then you can use the drop down to add it to whichever shelf you want it on.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

MarisaRose wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 21:20 Recently, I’ve been receiving the “Oh no your carryover entries are going to be lost” email well before the actual BOTD announcement email. (Received the “oh no” email today around 8pm EST and still haven’t received the actual BOTD announcement email - it’s now approximately10:20 pm EST.) Anyone else having this issue? Normally I wouldn’t mind, but now that there is the new “secret code” included in the BOTD emails, I keep missing out on the bonus entry.
I noticed that all of a sudden mine are getting later. I also saw one day where my BOTD email went to spam and it has never done that before. So make sure you check all email folders.
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

kfwilson6 wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 13:56
FictionLover wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 07:00.

You don't have to do a FB post. But once you click that you read the sample and you get the other bonus entry options, make sure you don't click on "Yay I did it" for any category you didn't participate in. You will have boxes each for commenting on the review, FB, twitter, pinterest, and linkedin. You will also have one for using bookshelves and the secret code. Only click Yay I did it for the ones you actually do. If you don't comment on FB, don't indicate that you did. You can get as many bonus entries as you'd like. The point is not to make you read every book of the day, it is to get you to read ABOUT the book and sample it. Then you post a comment based on that information. If you like the book's sample, then you can purchase/download for free and read the whole book.
Thanks for the reply. I am getting it figured out now!
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

FictionLover wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 07:00 Frankly, I find this website a bit on the user-not-friendly side, and I wish I could find one page explaining everything that goes on, so I could get the big picture. Actually, that's what I was doing when I found this forum.
I agree with this bit. I feel like the site needs somewhat of an overhaul to make it more user friendly, but that's an issue for another topic (I don't want to go off an a tangent unrelated to this thread :D ).

That said, I appear to be missing emails period. The last one I can find in my trash is from the 6th. Perhaps it's a problem on my end and not on OBC's end, but it's a little irksome either way. Previously, my "Oh No" email did appear after the BOTD email, though I'm curious now if I'll see the same issue.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

PlanetHauth wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 23:58
FictionLover wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 07:00 Frankly, I find this website a bit on the user-not-friendly side, and I wish I could find one page explaining everything that goes on, so I could get the big picture. Actually, that's what I was doing when I found this forum.
I agree with this bit. I feel like the site needs somewhat of an overhaul to make it more user friendly, but that's an issue for another topic (I don't want to go off an a tangent unrelated to this thread :D ).

That said, I appear to be missing emails period. The last one I can find in my trash is from the 6th. Perhaps it's a problem on my end and not on OBC's end, but it's a little irksome either way. Previously, my "Oh No" email did appear after the BOTD email, though I'm curious now if I'll see the same issue.
I love that you quote Bilbo Baggins! Big LOTR fan, myself.

I am figuring out the website a little at a time. As for the e-mails, I have g-mail and they have started putting my emails in my 'secondary' mailbox, but I am getting them.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

FictionLover wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 17:13
PlanetHauth wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 23:58

I love that you quote Bilbo Baggins! Big LOTR fan, myself.

I am figuring out the website a little at a time. As for the e-mails, I have g-mail and they have started putting my emails in my 'secondary' mailbox, but I am getting them.
Thank you!

Yes, Gmail's email sorting has been a pain in my rear at times.

That said, I checked on my email order and mine are coming in BOTD then "Oh No." Hopefully everyone can get theirs back to the right order.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295

Post by tamdlyte »

I know this is old... but did this get resolved? It has been happening to me now all week... missing out on that "secret code"! Ugh

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”