Review by Blueskycrane -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blueskycrane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blueskycrane.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Blueskycrane -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Blueskycrane »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base with illustrations by Debbie Hefke. This is a book that is designed for all non-readers and early readers. It follows a day in the life of a young super hero named Toni. In this introductory book we get to see one super power displayed and its a pretty good one.

To start with Debbie Hefke filled this book with bright vibrant colors. Popping on every page. Which instantly drew the eyes of my 5 year old Autistic son who helped me read this book. After all if you want to know if kids will like some thing ask them. The art style chosen for the illustrations is perfect.

Toni the Superhero is perfect for early readers. It uses short sentences with words that are easy to sound out, in a soft playful font. Giving young readers a chance to feel accomplishment on every page. We see Toni enjoying everyday activities out side with children his own age. Helping His Mother inside. Learning and being creative. All while being depicted as having a good time. The world has many examples of why we shouldn't do things or have fun doing them. It is nice to have another source that shows them it is good to have good behaviors.

In the Autism community many of our children like to wear costumes inside and out side. Toni doing the same made my son very happy to see that Toni was like him. Realistically I know that Toni was not designed to be a learning tool for the Autism community. He was intended to be a learning tool for all early readers. I can only hope that these books will make their way into schools of every kind. All children need a chance to meet Toni. Seeing him enjoy basic daily task and waiting for his next heroic feat is sure to keep all kids engaged.

We gave this book a 4 out of 4 stars! Every part of this book is on point. From the colors and details to the story its self. The back page promising further adventurers with Toni has my children asking when and where we can find them. We know it will do the same with your young readers. We would like to see a whole series of these wonderful books with progressing difficulty. Being able to learn and grow as we see Toni do the same would be amazing.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Blueskycrane's review? Post a comment saying so!
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Great review, I'm glad you and your son enjoyed the book. I think Toni is a great example for kids, it's refreshing to see a superhero made just for them.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”