Review by ValBookReviews -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Review by ValBookReviews -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To cute! And, if you’re a parent, grandparent, guardian, educator, or other, Toni The Superhero by R. D. Base and not to be confused with Tony the Tiger is by far an adorable little boy with extraordinary abilities, as he likes to do ordinary, day-to-day things too and hands down, the perfect beginner reading book for your early learners as they discover what Toni actually does when he's not busy saving the world.

However, keep in mind, as the author states, "this book is not intended as a reading book with a traditional plot", therefore, I urge you not to think of it as an average, read-out-loud bed time story, but rather a hopeful teaching tool for your young listeners and budding readers to be used at home, on-the-go, in the classroom and beyond, whereas, the idea is to simply "build and promote early reading and daily life skills", thus is why I love the vivid, colorful, and fun art work, page after page as Toni lead the way by great example, showing early childhood readers how to begin to read with easy short words like "Toni likes to read", "Toni likes to play", "Toni likes to help" and so on, all the while their blooming minds absorb, learn and develop these essential skills, which are a fundamental part of early childhood education.

And because "not every life skill comes naturally and traditionally to children, I agree that many life skills need to be introduced and then consistently encouraged and consistently taught through reading as well. For life skills that need to be taught, I find can also be taught by breaking down the skills into smaller steps so the children will better understand what the expectations are and how to meet those expectations successfully. Skills such as hanging up coats on the hook and zipping up back packs, etc. help young children take responsibility for their own things as children often need guidance and patient reminders in the process of mastering these kinds of life skills" and I overmuch believe Toni can assist.

Adding, I also like that Toni The Superhero reminds me of the very moment I selected and purchased the precise how-to-read books for my then two preschool thru kindergarten age sons and now highly recommended for my beautiful grandchildren, as well as future generations.

Most importantly, given that Toni is certainly "terrific" and there is not else much not to like and I did not locate any grammatical and typo errors within this short read, I, surely rate this amazing beginner reading book 4 out of 4 stars.

Congratulations and bravo to the author of three young boys, who not only take the time to squeeze in as much reading as she possibly can, but also take time to write and publish such amazing literally work.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like ValBookReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Faith Walker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Faith Walker »

ValBookReviews I love your reviews.... you bring life to the book in a way that encourages others to read it too. Great job! 👍🏾
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Faith Walker wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 19:44 ValBookReviews I love your reviews.... you bring life to the book in a way that encourages others to read it too. Great job! 👍🏾
Thank you so very much, "Faith Walker!" I sincerely appreciate your adoring feedback and support! :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Akuna Mutu
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akuna Mutu »

Wow. What a positive review. All credit to Tony for encouraging young and new readers to venture onto the amazing world of books. Nice one
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

Some people have a problem with this book not having a plot. I am glad you cleared that part out. Great review!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I read this one too and totally agree with your assessment. Especially taking into consideration that this isn't supposed to be a traditional story book with a deep plot. It's just a fun picture book for children just learning to read. Nice review!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Akuna Mutu wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 05:02 Wow. What a positive review. All credit to Tony for encouraging young and new readers to venture onto the amazing world of books. Nice one
Awesome! Thank you very, Akuna Mutu for the positive feedback. I appreciate your reply. Yes, I certainly agree Toni The Superhero is a good one to add to every child's reading library. :)
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Laura Bach wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 13:36 Some people have a problem with this book not having a plot. I am glad you cleared that part out. Great review!
Yup! My sentiments exactly! Thank you so much for you taking the time to read it and reply. :tiphat:
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:

Dael Reader wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 15:25 I read this one too and totally agree with your assessment. Especially taking into consideration that this isn't supposed to be a traditional story book with a deep plot. It's just a fun picture book for children just learning to read. Nice review!
Yea! You're so spot on! I certainly appreciate your kind feedback. Unfortunately many have taken offense. I totally agree it is just a fun book for children to read and learn as per the author's intent. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read it and reply! :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”