Review by Mildred Tabitha -- Toni the Superhero

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Review by Mildred Tabitha -- Toni the Superhero

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni the Superhero is a book about a young boy who possess supernatural powers. We all expect superheroes to live an extraordinary life but in this specific book, we see Toni living a normal life and doing ordinary things just like other kids. The book has colourful pictures that does more explanation than the one sentence provided on the pages. This makes it great for younger kids to read since they have wild imaginations and the colorful pictures will guide them in their fantasy world. This book makes it for children under 4 years old to grab the concept quickly and enjoy the book.

What I liked most about the book is the fact that the sentences are simple. I like the use of colourful pictures which makes it easy for a young child who is learning to read to remain interested in the book. The book talks more positively about Toni and the things he loves to do like helping out. For example in some of the pictures, we see Toni helping his mom in the kitchen and he also sweeps and dusts the house. This helps kids who are learning to read to know that they can also be another Superhero in life and be able to help out at home even without having real powers like flying.

What I liked least about the book is the lack of plot. But this shouldn't be an issue since the targeted audience deserve a simple book like this one. Kids who are just learning to read would quickly forget the previous page after opening the next because they are captured by the new picture about the character.

Toni the Superhero shows that despite possessing supernatural powers, Toni could still be himself and enjoy things like dancing, singing, running, eating, sleeping and being in the company of his friends. The book has few sentences to make it easy for young children who have started to learn to be able to remember. For example in Toni the Superhero, a child will remember words like sing, dance, eating, sleeping or even running simply because such words are explained in the photo more. The child will be able to remember the book when they themselves do such activities.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars simply because it is perfect for the targeted audience. The reason I wouldn't rate it any less than that is because the book fulfilled my expectations and I now know it is great for the targeted audience. I recommend it for parents who are looking to buy books for their one, two, three or four year old child. The child won't struggle to read or even get bored with the book because of its simplicity of sentences and colourful pictures.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mildred Tabitha's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a cute children book with colorful illustrations. And children would love to follow this superhero character. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Mildred Tabitha

Sarah Tariq wrote: โ†‘06 May 2018, 10:18 It's a cute children book with colorful illustrations. And children would love to follow this superhero character. Thanks for this nice review.

You are welcomed and thanks for the feedback :D
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a cute book. I've hesitated to review children's books since there is so little content. You did a great job!
Mildred Tabitha

teacherjh wrote: โ†‘09 May 2018, 13:25 This sounds like a cute book. I've hesitated to review children's books since there is so little content. You did a great job!
I agree with you that the content is so little. At first I did not know what to put in my long review until I decided to read the book from a child's perspective. It is only then that I was able to review :D
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

This is awesome. I am a young adult and I enjoy reading children's books like these because they remind us of very valuable life lessons in simple ways.
Jeff28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeff28 »

The book is very interesting to me why I ready it to my daughter. I enjoyed reading children book
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I also like how the book showed Toni as a superhero yet, all while engaging in activities that children are able to do like dancing, sing, and helping. I also believed that it met the criteria for it's targeted audience. This was a really great children's book with a good message.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

It is wonderful to think that a kid might read this and think he is a superhero for helping his mother.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

I agree that the book is a good choice for children who will be attracted to the vivid art and encouragement of a imaginative mind. Great revuew

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€