Review by Momiji1987 -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Review by Momiji1987 -- Boom! A Revolting Situation

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Boom! A Revolting Situation" by Thomas Richard Harry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry is an examination of our broken political system. Faced with unsatisfactory leadership, Republican and Democrat registered voters have been rapidly declining every election cycle. In fact, more and more Americans now choose to identify as Independents. What is causing this mass exodus from the two prevailing ideologies governing our nation? The American public has seemingly grown dissatisfied with its political choices. Independents, in particular, are fed up with picking from the lesser of two evils. We need more options not less and ideally, real Independent contenders on the ballot to choose from.

I can think of many positive aspects of this book that I enjoyed; I especially liked the author’s creativity and his presentation throughout. He began by telling a story about a young man who goes to Ireland to ignite a violent revolution. I found the moral of the story and thinking about how the ideas contrast with what is going on in America very relatable. There are many forms of revolution, and the story illustrates that point perfectly.

I also enjoyed learning more about politics and how the government currently operates. The author has a vast array of political knowledge that he shares with his audience in a calm, engaging manner. I have read several political books, and one nice thing about this one is it’s relatively easy to follow. He outlines the structure early on in the introduction, making it easier to skip ahead if desired. I make it a hobby to study politics in some form, so I appreciated being able to see the topics in advance of reading. I’m also already fairly aware of how our government operates. This book is excellent for beginners because it’s so easy to navigate and understand. Even so, I managed to learn something new. For instance, there were some historical facts the author shared about the findings of the American Political Science Committee (APSC) that enlightened me a bit more on what led to the development of our current political system.

For people who might be new to studying American politics, this book is an excellent introduction to governmental corruption and how it functions. Like many individuals who will read this book, the author no longer wants to keep voting for the same ineffective, stale ideas every election cycle. The author invites his readers to get more educated on establishment cronyism and learn what we can do to change it. The message is inspiring and unifying and couldn’t come at a better time as a new election season approaches.

Another great thing about this book is the author is truly an Independent. He doesn’t appear to favor one ideology over the other; rather, he explains why congress is always so deadlocked and why citizens feel frustrated when little gets done. He represents the voice of the American public well regardless of political preferences. Because of his impartiality, I feel like this book could appeal to the vast majority of voters. The book is less about whether conservative or liberal policies are better and more about getting fresh ideas we can all feel excited to vote for, on the ballot. The editing is also very professional. I didn’t see any errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

If you’re new to books on politics, you won’t find a more impartial voice right now to deliver the goods on our corrupt Congress. People with more political knowledge may find some of the content repetitive or familiar based on similar books, but there are still plenty of fresh insights even for those with more experience with this genre.

Boom! A Revolting Situation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momiji1987's review? Post a comment saying so!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the detailed review! It seems like an interesting read.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. It's good you found the book a worthwhile read. If it's professionally written and well founded, then I will sure know why.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I am glad it is easy to understand because I am a beginner at this and I would like to have things as simple as possible. Thank you!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Interesting book on American politics. This book will help Americans know, where this politics is going. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Being an independent, I agree with what the author is saying. I don't like getting into politics a lot but I did like the review. I might read it.
:techie-studyingbrown:
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

As an observer of American politics from across the Atlantic, this book appears to offer a timely and refreshingly impartial perspective on the choices currently available to voters in the US.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Amen. I agree with the author already. Great summary and introduction. I hope I get a chance to read this book.
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”