Review by Bookworm39 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Bookworm39 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Bookworm39 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a Native American fiction book that takes you to the beautiful North Pacific Coast of Olympics. The author was born on the east coast. He was trained as a wildlife biologist who also worked as a fisherman before settling in Seattle, Washington as a writer. This book was published by Iron Twine Press in 2017.

It was a rainy night, when Tom meets his granddaughter, Sarah for the first time. He was going camping with his friends when she was dropped off. His friends convince him to take her with them. Tom hopes this trip will teach her some lessons that she needs. Through this trip, they wonder who is taking them on it, them or her.

One of the things that I love about this book is that it starts with a quote from T.S. Eliot and Carl Jung. Adding the maps that are mentioned in the novel is a great idea.

My favorite quote in the book is when William was talking to his daughter and said, “Myra, we think we brought Sarah on this trip, but maybe it is she, who is taking us. For some reason, this sentence has stuck in my brain while reading this book.

Another thing that I like is that I live in the North Pacific Coast and I have been to a few places that he mentions in the book. He describes the places so well that it is like you are there with them climbing the mountains and seeing what they see. His words are descriptive that you can feel what they feel.

This book is fast paced but keeps your attention throughout the book. I read all of this book except the last 30 pages in one night. I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait until the next book to see what happens.
There was nothing that I didn’t like about this book. I loved the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4, I gave this book 4 stars because it caught my attention from the first page. I was absorbed in their life and had to keep reading it until 2 am in the morning. I had to read the first 230 pages. I didn’t see any spelling or grammar mistakes. If you love adventure, coming of age, folklore, and legends, then you will love this book. This would be great for all ages. This is a clean book.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bookworm39's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi, Bookworm39! I am sure you felt the book as you have been to those mysterious hideaways. Maybe it is time to go back and look for the bear. Or another atlatl?
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I loved this book. I agree the maps were a great addition.

Thanks for a great review.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your review. I also read, reviewed and loved this book. Although some parts seemed to be initially perplexing especially where the narrative perspective shifted from one character to another, I guess those were meant to grip our attention and encourage us to read further with the sense of mystery and anticipation. I've known from somewhere in one of the forum threads that Volume 2 (and also 3) is already in the pipeline, so your wait for the next book is going to be short-lived I suppose; I'm looking forward to what's upcoming, too.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Bookworm39

Post by Bookworm39 »

I am glad that you liked the review. Thanks for commenting.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I really enjoyed this book and it is great to read a review from someone who lives in the area and to hear the descriptions are true .. what a beautiful place to live!
Bookworm39

Post by Bookworm39 »

It was a great book. The area is beautiful.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”