Official Review: Fire Congress by I.S. Petteice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Official Review: Fire Congress by I.S. Petteice

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fire Congress" by I.S. Petteice.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fire Congress by I. S. Petteice is a political exposé regarding the status of our Republic. The author is a conservative woman who feels abandoned by the political class of the United States. The reason behind her sentiment is quite clear. Neither Democrats nor Republicans represent their constituents and instead cater to the whims of corporate lobbyists and foreign backers. But it’s not all doom and gloom. The author also presents an easy solution to fix the problem: fire Congress and take back our nation together!

There are several things I enjoyed about this book, one being the author’s fiery personality. She writes with great passion on her subject and truly displays the attitudes of the electorate. Specifically, those individuals that voted for Trump. Her voice is full of indignation, frustration, and disappointment with our elected officials. Democrats are bad, but a lot of Republicans are equally if not more so. I’m a huge fan of Petteice’s unbiased honesty towards corruption wherever it’s found. Republican or Democrat, it doesn’t matter. This quality is what separates her from the average conservative who is more committed to a set of artificial “values” than our country.

Personally, I love how she exposes the abuse of tax payer money and certain politicians’ unwillingness to serve America over themselves. At times, she shares excerpts and letters from voters that display the anger they feel towards state representatives. She names everyone involved and defies the derogatory labels some politicians and left-wing media apply to all those who think like her. My one criticism is she utilizes several names herself such as “snowflake” which is either fighting fire with fire or hypocrisy. Either way, it won't endear her towards those who disagree, but I get the impression she doesn't really care if she appeals to anyone outside Trump’s supporters anyway.

What I like the most about this book is it captures a moment in history. Regardless of where you fall politically, the emotions and thinking of the average Trump supporter are right here for everyone to think about and absorb. Her opinion is very detailed, at times harsh, and clearly and creatively articulated. Her research is exhaustive and might literally make you feel sick to see just how bad everything really is. The more I read, the more angry and disgusted I became. It’s truly appalling that this corruption is allowed. By the second chapter, I was already beyond motivated to join the author in firing Congress. This book is not written for the establishment, so if you’re looking for politically correct language and sensitivity, you won’t find it here. This woman is fed up with the corruption in both parties and wants our politicians to know it.

The most important point the author makes is one I would also emphasize. There are 300 million Americans currently controlled by just 545 members of Congress, but many are so ingrained in the corrupt system that it’s virtually impossible to get rid of them. This book taught me why it’s important to do research on every candidate to find out what we are actually voting for. I’m never going to the polls without this knowledge again.

As far as editing and presentation, this book is exceptionally edited and researched. I didn’t notice any distracting errors. One minor issue is most of the author’s research is comprised of online articles. This format concerns me because the links may not last permanently. I would recommend the author collect and republish them in an online database herself so her book won’t someday consist of dead links.

Overall, this is an excellent book about political corruption. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. If you’re part of the establishment or a fan of some of the politicians named by the author, you’ll probably hate this book. If you’re sensitive about language, religion, race, and other touchy subjects, you’ll hate the author’s presentation, which is sometimes very similar to Trump’s. This book will be well-received by Trump supporters and similar anti-establishment types for the concise way she has collected and sourced her information. I learned a lot from her about how the establishment works, what the dangers are, and how to combat it. In short, this author knows precisely how to tell it like it is.

Fire Congress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momiji1987's review? Post a comment saying so!
tumanyejacob
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tumanyejacob »

The book is so interesting. Am really going to enjoy it because it lies in my field of politics
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

It sounds like the author held back no punches. In a time when everyone is concerne about being 'politically correct' instead of just stating the truth, it is refreshing to come across a book of this nature. Thank you for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I have to admit. I kind of agree with the author. It IS all about the lobbyists and the money any more. So I would definitely be interested in seeing what exactly the author proposes. Thanks for the review. Sounds like something I at least have to look into.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

Thanks for the great review. It does make me curious to take a look at it.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I read a political book just recently where the author said that 40 percent of voters are Independents, and the book you are speaking of here just gave the reason why!!! No work is being done for the average American person. It’s all fighting and disagreements and name calling. I know what you are saying about the angry feelings while reading. I would be at a part in the other book and I would actually start reading outloud to those around me and saying...are you kidding me?! Political books of this nature are needed because they expose the truth. We don’t see the smoke and the mirrors until someone like this author you write of here brings the truth. This sounds like a good one, but can my heart take it? Or the ears of the people around me? 😊 Great job on this review. We need more books like this!
Everything happens for a reason...
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Oh yea, the lobbyists are definitely the king's of the castle on cap hill. Kudos to the author for calling out what many might not be aware of. I think I would enjoy this book!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I have wondered if independent voters will become more influentual in upcoming elections. Certainly there are many people who have become much more motivated to participate in the political process these days.

Thanks for a great review.
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

Here is a book that will surely get people fired up! I admire the author's passion in writing about her subject. Thanks for a great review!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This author seems unbiased, full of positive energy and would be a good choice for the next POTUS. Thank you for your great review.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

Sometimes it takes a fiery, unpopular voice to be heard. Many times it is things like this that can shake people out of their comfort zone and be willing to make a lasting change. Regardless of one's political opinion, I think it is important that people do see just how corrupt most of our Congress has become. It’s good to see someone talking about it and encouraging people to become better informed before going to the polls.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Great idea about the links on websites. I had never thought about that. I have a slight interest in politics, but not enough to read this book. Great review!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This seems like an awfully fascinating read - I am definitely interested in books that are not afraid to call out political lip service, and this is definitely going onto my to-read list!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Thank you for your insightful review. As a Filipino who has migrated to Australia, it is interesting to read about what goes on in other parts of the world.

I've served in several public sector positions in the past, it's already part of my core to remain apolitical and nonpartisan. It's good to note from your assessment that this book will appeal to readers regardless of ideology or political affiliation, too.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”