Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joeoladapo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Official Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Joeoladapo »

The sentences of the book are simple and will be easy to understand for the intended target groups. The book will introduce to the target groups about domestic activities, social activities, school activities etc This will help the target groups to understand from early age that they can also give assistance within the home and be socially active. The drawings will be attractive to any child. But what if a white child reads it and ask his/her parent that why is Toni black and why are blacks are superhero?
odellotovera9292
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by odellotovera9292 »

don't just focus in every day living make some emotion to your story its boring put some action or a emotional sentence that the reader will led him to continues reading as a reader my advice to the author in the first page you must put a thriller in the story being a good child is common... :hand:
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

I also did a review of this book. I really liked how the author emphasized that greatness is not about doing big things but putting your best at everything you do.
Jackson Roby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Jackson Roby »

The book is amazing as its is in human nature that we all like to be admired and I think the book gives children a very positive self image them as it prepares them to engage in everyday activities with a positive attitude of bringing a hero out of them.
And also installs into them a sense of responsibility and the value that every little thing we do for humanity matters and that we can all be heroes as we live our lives for the good of others.
The pictures in the book are sure to attract children's attention and help them engaged in reading and comprehension of the book.
I think the writer did a great job in writing this one.
Lizzie Robinson
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-robinson.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lizzie Robinson »

This book looks absolutely adorable, and Toni seems like such a great character.
yusufsaba

Post by yusufsaba »

This is really adoreable and amazing and way forward for the young regeneration
isa3030
Currently Reading: Just in Time
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by isa3030 »

Mony unique children books in the markets are with plot solving problem and teaching moral lessons but the case of Tone the superhero is superhero in action .A first series of books about young superhero,tale of children,inspiration,early reader,adventure,sperkid,the author created simple story with a likable character,adopted a suitable method for children on their way for reading independently,the book serves important purpose of teaching children how to read in a fun way.Toni the superhero by R D Base,Toni is a young superhero, the story focuses on day to day activities,but Toni also read,wash,clean house,helps his mother for home works,his activities could be regarded as superhero action, he plays with friends among other things.Ok we may be considered as superhero though do routine activities,superhero could be nice chioce for character who learn to read book as kids love people with special abilities.Sound and detailed review work,rating it 4-4star awarding it to kids
Kestar-3

Post by Kestar-3 »

Toni the superhero just got me on my feet how I love the book. Wow my son will be happy to get this
Zoey346
Currently Reading:

Post by Zoey346 »

This book will be very helpful for beginner readers. My 4 year old nephew enjoyed reading it.
ranernjoku43
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by ranernjoku43 »

Hello everyone I really love this book about Toni the Super Hero it would teach children how to differnt activities and chores ..
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I have loved to read for as far back as my memories go. Even as an adult I still enjoy collecting children's books. I am very selective about the ones I have in my home. My grandkids love going thru my bookshelves.

"Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base sounds to be one of the good ones. A Superhero does not have to always be tearing things apart. Sometimes they clean things up. I love it.

Thank you for the informative review. I like that it will be one of a set. I just love a good series.

I just realized how often I use the word love in relation to books...lol 🤣
afrecar94

Post by afrecar94 »

Toni seems like a great role model. I think it is great to teach children at a young age to participate in the household chores, at the very least to clean up their own toys. I like the cover illustration. Great review. It sounds like the author was successful in achieving her goal. Sometimes it's nice for kids to have an easy to read book with out a difficult storyline to follow or lessons being blatantly pushed on them.
Olive 246
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Olive 246 »

From the review, it's a great book for children learning to read. The page is not crowded with words. Each word is illustrated with drawings.This is great. Showing Toni as a superhero is another attraction to the children. I would like to read the book.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

What an awesome review! Thank you for your clear explanation and description of the content. I always get excited when I see a children's book featured. :-) As a high school teacher with no children of my own, it's not too often that I read a kid's book. But, I have a nephew who just turned 1yo, and he is starting to communicate more by the day. This would be a nice one to add to his bookshelf! I see on Amazon it says that Toni the Superhero is only available in print. Do you know of the author plans to one day have this on Kindle, too? Again, thanks so much! :-)
Albert Masoni

Post by Albert Masoni »

The book is a good start up as it is written with simple and comprehensive English. I vote it best for children in their beginning stages .

Return to “Children's Books”