Review by Lauren Da Fish -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lauren Da Fish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-da-fish.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Review by Lauren Da Fish -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Lauren Da Fish »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toni The Superhero by R.D. Base

Toni The Superhero is about a young boy who loves doing everyday things, like rescue animals, read books and play with toys. He's very positive and bright, and a great role model for younger kids. He teaches them that they can be superheros just by doing things like playing, drawing and generally having fun.

Repetitive sentences are used to help introduce young readers into literature. Toni the Superhero is very interesting for young kids around the age of 4 years old, just starting to learn to read. This is a good thing, as they will get a good first impression of what stories are about, and read a great book at a very young age. R.D. Base has done very well in understanding the way children’s minds work, and the most effective methods of educating them in literature. I believe this book is great for any kid, as it helps them build their confidence in themselves and their reading.

I believe that Toni the Superhero could be used as educational readers in primary schools, as it is definitely the kind of thing I read and enjoyed at that age. This story could effectively help teach young children to read, as well as helping them understand how to comprehend sentences. It is a great introduction to reading, as it is simple and suitable for the intended age group.

This book has an appeal to younger children and a great use of images. I recommend this book to parents and their children, as the book has an easy-to-read and clear font size, as well as teaching and entertaining them with colourful and fun illustrations. These are supportive of the text and help a young child make a link to the activity the book is describing. Images are a great way of helping kids connect images to text, which is why it’s amazing that this book is so supportive of them.

This is a fun, positive and educational book for children in preschool and is gender neutral. It also helps kids understand that things like helping out and reading are just as important as singing and jumping.

Concluding this review, I must acknowledge that Toni the Superhero is an illustrative, fun book for young children, and had no spelling or grammar mistakes, which is why I’m giving it a 4 out of 4 rating. I highly recommend this book for kids learning to read, and parents wanting to introduce their children to the wonderful world of literature.

Toni the Superhero
View: on Bookshelves

Like Lauren Da Fish's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”