Official Review: Love Them Back to LIFE by Ariane Page

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Official Review: Love Them Back to LIFE by Ariane Page

Post by revna01 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Them Back to LIFE" by Ariane Page.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In her book, Love Them Back to LIFE: A Brain Theory of Everything, Ariane Page asserts there is a blueprint in nature that is the key to achieving a harmonious state of being within ourselves. LIFE is an acronym for Law Inherent to the Five Elements, where the elements are: physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual. In 432 pages (Kindle edition), the book is relentless in presenting information to corroborate Page’s position, citing doctors of varying specialties, scholars, the Bible, politicians, scientists, Wikipedia (gulp), and even an astronaut. It is an intricate webwork of philosophy, psychology, and self-help.

According to Page, society has gotten away from holistically navigating the complexity of human needs, and as a consequence people suffer ailments (in each LIFE component) at a younger age and with greater frequency. Feminine and masculine polarities-which are independent of gender-are examined, and it is theorized that the evolutionary breakdown of relationships between the LIFE elements is due to a decline in the receptive feminine polarity. The brain is a focal point of this book as Page expounds on the idea that a brain is as individual as a fingerprint, and the only way to fully grasp its role is to apply the LIFE model to the interconnectedness of human expression. It is the brain-and its disharmony with LIFE-that is responsible for diseases; “The brain and the body are one.”

The book is a sprawling combination of science and philosophy, but Page incorporates personal anecdotes and pictures to ease the complex nature of the narrative. The book hosts an enormous “Notes, References, and Selected Bibliography” section, clearly denoting extensive research and preparation. Through careful organization, subtopics are seamlessly woven into the original postulate. The book has undoubtedly undergone editing, as there were very few discernable errors. There is an intriguing ethereal tone to this publication, offering a unique take on both modern and ancient science as well as psychology, religion, and theology.

If there is an element of this book that warrants critique it is Page’s circumlocutory writing style, which may be off-putting to a reader that is looking to gain information without substantial mental investment. It is my personal opinion that a book claiming to hold answers to optimizing all facets of an individual's health should use language that assists the reader's comprehension. That said, I believe Page truly shines in her chosen style and feel a great many readers could see this book through without significant frustration.

Although this book turned out to be too alternative for my palate, it is without hesitation that I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. It is thoughtfully-contrived, innovative, and well-researched. I think this book would appeal to a reader interested in finding unconventional means of promoting holistic self-care.

Love Them Back to LIFE
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like revna01's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm glad to see the author included the Bible. Too many people think holistic health and religion are adversaries when they are not at all. I totally believe that most health problems have emotional and spiritual components. Addiction, for instance, is difficult to overcome if you don't address all these aspects.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is truly said of the blueprint to harmony. However, to achieve such harmony, there must be a balance of all these elements. Thank you for your great review.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This sounds interesting. I'm not sure whether I could get on board with the brain being responsible for diseases, but I suppose there's a plausible argument in there somewhere. I love that this book is so thoroughly researched. It always makes reading that much more rewarding.
Thanks for the great review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Found nice combination of science and philosophy make it more interesting to read and thanks for shedding light on this by giving good review
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Dianamombo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dianamombo »

I totally agree with the concept of the paradigm shift of the holistic approach to health in terms of LIFE elements in the current world where diseases are now measured in terms of environmental causes. The authors perspective of viewing elements of Life as directly linked to causes of ill health gives the answer to solving many diseases and saving lives. Thanks for this wobderful review.
revna01
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

teacherjh wrote: 17 May 2018, 11:03 I'm glad to see the author included the Bible. Too many people think holistic health and religion are adversaries when they are not at all. I totally believe that most health problems have emotional and spiritual components. Addiction, for instance, is difficult to overcome if you don't address all these aspects.
I agree, thank you for your comment :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

crediblereading2 wrote: 17 May 2018, 16:45 This is truly said of the blueprint to harmony. However, to achieve such harmony, there must be a balance of all these elements. Thank you for your great review.
The book is quite interesting. Love is the key to the harmony, as the book outlines.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Bianka Walter wrote: 17 May 2018, 17:11 This sounds interesting. I'm not sure whether I could get on board with the brain being responsible for diseases, but I suppose there's a plausible argument in there somewhere. I love that this book is so thoroughly researched. It always makes reading that much more rewarding.
Thanks for the great review!
It's more like acknowledging the connection between the mind and the elements, and love is the bridge.
Yes, the the research is extensive. There's a lot this book has to offer in terms of research, including things I didn't even touch upon in the review. Thanks for commenting!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

sanjus wrote: 18 May 2018, 11:44 Found nice combination of science and philosophy make it more interesting to read and thanks for shedding light on this by giving good review
Thanks for commenting :) There was so much going on in this book, it would take several summaries to capture its essence properly.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Dianamombo wrote: 19 May 2018, 15:57 I totally agree with the concept of the paradigm shift of the holistic approach to health in terms of LIFE elements in the current world where diseases are now measured in terms of environmental causes. The authors perspective of viewing elements of Life as directly linked to causes of ill health gives the answer to solving many diseases and saving lives. Thanks for this wobderful review.
Causes of ill health in each of the elements are intertwined; that is the holistic part. There is an ancient Master Model that is central in this book, and ultimately love is the key. Thanks for commenting.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

nice to read about life and its harmony with nature, nice review made it intriguing to read this book thank you
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”