Official Review: Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness" by John F. Blodgett.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Values, personal branding and climbing the corporate ladder are the fundamental pillars of John F. Blodgett’s book, Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness. Most people in the corporate and business sectors are faced by daunting murkiness as they try to navigate through the confusing pathways in today’s fast-paced marketplace. In this book, the author presents perceptive guidelines that will help you transition in your career journey and achieve success.

Truthfully, when I picked Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness by John F. Blodgett, I was keen to find out how this particular book stood out from many similar ones. Thankfully, I was surprised at how the author manages to carve out his own style and make his book unique. For this reason and others contained in this review, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

To me, one of the best features of the book, Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness, is the way John F. Blodgett relates nature with the messages that he relays in the book. The similarities are incredible, giving the inkling that we can learn a lot by just observing what is around us and the behavioral nature of animals. In one instance, Blodgett writes about the European starlings’ murmuration which provides a mechanism of defense against predators. Every chapter starts with a compelling aspect mostly about nature that easily drew me into the content.

At the end of each chapter, John F. Blodgett includes practical tips on how the reader can implement his advice into their personal and professional lives. He labels these tips as ‘Personal Performance Challenges’. These challenges helped me work on the author’s instruction and incorporate the book’s message into my everyday life. I am always attracted to an author’s work if the book’s content is practical and applicable.

The book also contains various facets of today’s marketplace which made it quite comprehensive. Hence, the book is a great read for any person in the job market who wants to excel and grow in their career. John F. Blodgett also includes thought-provoking quotes at the start of each chapter which were a compelling addition to the chapters’ subject matter.

The cover is also quite interesting and reflects the book’s theme. It features the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Similarly, the transitional periods in one’s career life can be confusing. In many cases, people make the mistake of refusing to change their ideologies and prefer to stick to methods they are more familiar with. In such instances, this turns out to be disastrous. In Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness, John F. Blodgett helps the reader understand how to succeed, every step of the way.

Ultimately, reading this particular book was definitely worthwhile.

Transform Yourself and Achieve Greatness
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

How fascinating that he can relate his principles to nature! The fact that the content is practical and applicable is a great selling point. Your review makes me want to learn how to be successful from this author!
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
ladexxi
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ladexxi »

Wow what a nice book this is
SEEN
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SEEN »

Wow! A yellow cover This book is next on my read
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

That is a bit different concept; using nature to teach lessons about our career journey. I'm not into self-help books right now, but I do appreciate your review. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
tirzahhawkins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by tirzahhawkins »

It would be fascinating to learn what lessons nature holds for us that we can apply to our lives to make us better than we are now. This book sounds interesting as a self-help and a science book.
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

It is great to know from the review that the author gives steps to implement his advice in one's personal and professional life.
What a book!!!

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Benji.
Books are lovely.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

EmunahAn wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 09:24 ...we can learn a lot by just observing what is around us and the behavioral nature of animals. In one instance, Blodgett writes about the European starlings’ murmuration which provides a mechanism of defense against predators. Every chapter starts with a compelling aspect mostly about nature that easily drew me into the content.
stacie k wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 00:24 How fascinating that he can relate his principles to nature!
Yes, that aspect of the book is the thing that interests me most. Normally, I wouldn't look twice at a book with this kind of title.
At the end of each chapter, John F. Blodgett includes practical tips on how the reader can implement his advice into their personal and professional lives. He labels these tips as ‘Personal Performance Challenges’. These challenges helped me work on the author’s instruction and incorporate the book’s message into my everyday life. I am always attracted to an author’s work if the book’s content is practical and applicable.
That's a very valuable point and a good recommendation - I don't think this one's for me, but thanks for sharing your enthusiastic response.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

This sounds quite unique. I too like the ties to nature and am curious exactly how the author relates the two. This is a great review, tells what you will learn with our giving any of the author's secrets away.
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

This book is definitely on my list of must reads.Thanks for the review
Bigirimana Celestin
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigirimana-celestin.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bigirimana Celestin »

Three pilars like a stove. A stove to boil a succeful man who was high to remain high, to boost a coward and turn a sulgard into a man. What owlish, what great book to be read. Thank you great review.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The title speaks volumes about the content. I am inspired.
angeladinma34
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by angeladinma34 »

I find it so interesting and would like to know more about the book.
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

The thing that's appealing to me about this, based on your review, is that it sounds like the nature metaphors would make it much easier to internalize a visual for the concepts he teaches in the book. Thank you for writing the review, frankly the cover would be off-putting to me if I didn't have a recommendation to go off of.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”