Review by Ashley Louise -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashley Louise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-louise.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by Ashley Louise -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Ashley Louise »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway is a modern day science fiction novel centered around Alex Fine, a seemingly normal 18-year old that discovers he is anything but average. A coming of age story as well, Alex's plans to enroll in and begin his first year of college are interrupted when his unique ability comes to light. Just when he thought he had enough problems in his life, having spent most of it in an orphanage, he finds himself traveling through the Internet, using practice, his brainpower and optic tunnels to transport himself anywhere in the world.

This fast-paced story provides more than enough detail and controversy to keep the reader hooked. Picking up this novel, I found myself unable to put it down until it had been read in its entirety, twice. With the rapid-fire way this story is told, your eyes will be glued to the pages and you won't want any distractions or you may miss something very important.

Author Alex Fayman truly taps into our minds and hearts with the questions Superhighway brings up, and the unexpected ways they are answered. While science fiction novels are a dime a dozen, this tale certainly shines in its ability to transport you from your world into Alex's world, just as Alex transported himself anywhere his heart desired.

Classified as a young adult novel, I feel that it can stretch past that age group as it touches on subjects many younger readers may not fully understand. For example, there is the Robin Hood-like nature of Alex, stealing from the rich, undeserving criminals and helping those less fortune, much like Alex himself before discovering his abilities. I do appreciate the good our hero chooses to do with his new found abilities, showing that even one person can make a major difference. While in fact Alex technically commits crimes of his own, his intentions are pure and with that comes a great lesson, with great power comes great responsibility.

Overall, I rate this novel 3 out of 4 stars for its unique plot and captivating story. I went in expecting a tired, overdone science fiction novel and came out pleasantly surprised. Had this charming novel been longer and the ending less abrupt, I would have rated this a full 4 stars. However, this does allow Fayman to grace us with further additions of this story, and I will gladly be following the next installment of Superhighway and Alex on his next harrowing adventure.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Ashley Louise's review? Post a comment saying so!
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the great review. I love a novel which is fast paced and hard to put down. Looking forward to reading more about Alex. Will definitely put this book on my reading list :)
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

Thanks for the well written review. I am now curious to know how Alex was able to transport himself anywhere in the world. I am just starting to like science fiction books and I feel this can make a great movie if acted out.
Do good to others on your way up because you will meet them on your way down.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I'm reading this one now. Glad you liked it.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the review, I have read many reviews of this book, and it does seem like a nice read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”