Official Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayomaamianda
Favorite Book: Twisted Threads
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomaamianda.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Official Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by Ayomaamianda »

John Costello's story is an encouraging one no one should give up in life despite many obstacles. Through determination he made it and so should anyone else.
Maflex1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maflex1.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by Maflex1 »

I absolutely agree with you. I have only read the first few pages of the book yet it feels like John is an elder family telling me about his life. Your review makes me want to go complete the book and learn my lessons of life from it. good work.
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. I don’t read many memoirs. The ones I have are usually already special to me for one reason or another. This man is unheard of to me but this sounds like a real worthwhile read full of tough realities and grit, determination and heart. Congrats to the author on a great review. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Great review. I've been reading good things about this book. But your review made me understand what really is the book all about. So, it's a memoirs, which is not really my cup of tea. I thought first it was a novel. Anyway, I won't think twice to read this book. Thanks, btw!
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Memoirs are not my kind of genre but based on this review, I would gladly give it a try. As mentioned, some memoirs are not properly written, or as to say boring. However, this made me think twice. I also had a similar experience with my dad and I hope this would shed a few light. Also, this might also inspire me to go after what I want and become who I want to be. Definitely would add this to my to-read list! Thanks for the review!
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I love when a memoir is captivating and makes the reader feel like they are a part of the family. Between the description of this book being great for those liking true-crime stories, mob activity, murder and mayhem, and the glowing review, I may just have to check this one out.
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

Being a fun of memoirs, I think this book will suit me. I am looking forward to bury my head in it.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I’m not normally a fan of memoirs or biographies, but the reviewer’s comments about this one being one of the best ever has me considering this book more carefully.
Mzaagbe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mzaagbe »

Nice review, Its interesting and motivational, The author relating the memoir to his life, characters in the memoir are identified individually, and a captivating line"Dont judge a book by its cover " which would give a careful reader motivational thoughts. A great review
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

Your glowing review makes me even more excited to read this book. I'm not usually one to pick up a memoir as I generally find them dry and boring, but this one sounds so interesting and so exciting.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
asaltares
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 232

Post by asaltares »

A book like this is great to get the determination to be successful in life. It gives readers hope to see how a person rise trhu of coming from the bottom up to success. Crazy to read this one already.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I am yet to read the book, but based on the incredibly written onlinebookclub review, I can't wait to start this book. The plot seems interesting and captivating and even if want to know life experiences the protagonist faces.
Marson47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marson47.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Marson47 »

This is the best biograph book have heard of so far,sounds so cool and awesome,would love to read it.It also proves hardwork really pays.Great book
Shazywithbooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazywithbooks.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Shazywithbooks »

The books sounds awesome with its themes of motorbike gangs and clubs to the protagonist rising to an executive level through it all. It may serve as a motivation to those who read it. Thanks for the review.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Ooh! Non-Fiction. Murder. Mayhem. Mystery. Spicy Humor. I'm in! Thank you for a good review with minor spoiler alerts and Congrats to the author on the #BOTD
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”